Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Trying to do recordings

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I am trying to do recordings on virtual DJ 2021 using a Roland DJ 202 sometimes it will record and the file will be made and they will be music other times I can record the same way and it says there is nothing recorded in the file even though it shows me the file size and how long it's been recording for if you could help me with this I am getting very

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 1:59 pm
If its nothing, perhaps you have a "record" entry in VirtualDJ sound settings set to a line-in with no sound? If there is a record entry, VirtualDJ will record the external sound that comes to this input only.

The Roland 202 can record internally (with VirtualDJ) and should not have a "record" entry.
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/roland/dj202/setup.html

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 2:10 pm
Thanks that does not help me much

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 3:14 pm
Since VirtualDJ records internally, the controller shouldnt matter (in this case)
Nothing specially about the 202 in this regards, so if you had no sound at recording its probably unrelated to the controller (except if you mean the 202 sequencer, thats not recorded by VirtualDJ)

What did you mean by "says nothing recorded" by the way?
that the recorded file will not play? or that it plays, but no sound?

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 4:22 pm
The file will not play and when you try and move it it different place it says there is thinking there and can not open it

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 4:35 pm
djsims1983 wrote :
The file will not play and when you try and move it it different place it says there is thinking there and can not open it

If it will not play, the file got corrupted somehow during writing to disc.
If you can not move it to a different place, that sounds quite strange. Unless the file is open in a program (and hence locked ) or that the file is deleted already.

Little unsure what happened then, maybe just try record again.
And keep an eye on file location, where you record to... see if there is anything with the location (such as recording to a cloud folder or something).

And if you get a lot of corrupted files, it could perhaps be your disc is starting to fail or computer struggle with the write to disc process

And maybe take a screenshot or write exactly what the error message says and post here.
Little hard to guess what exactly happened. "it says there is thinking there and can not open it" is a little obscure :)

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 4:40 pm
Will try and do that next time I'm but really recording is sometimes a pain as I need to record for 2-hours and I do not always have spare

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 6:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)