Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Error when loading track

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Why do tracks say error when they play fine on Windows media player. This only happened since buying Pro licence

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 9:20 am
What does the error say?

If the song was from VirtualDJ database (and not visiting an actual folder of files), then its likely the link to the file in the database is broken.

This happens when you move or rename the file outside of VirtualDJ browser.
To fix that, add the file back from its new location (right-click music folder(s) and choose "add to search")

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 1:39 pm
Just says error where it would usually say the track. All the tracks I use is mainly from my external hard drive and yet if I play the same tracks on windows media player they work fine

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 10:37 pm
Usually says more than just "error"

For example "Error - File not found" (in other words database link to the file is broken)
Or "Error - could not play file", if the file is corrupted..
Or "Unknown filetype" ..

If it just says error, right click the file in browser, open Tag editor, and look at bottom
There you can see more extensive errors, as well as path to where the database has to file..
You can also try right-click file, and choose "Open in File Exporer" and see if its there.

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 10:52 pm
user23269422 wrote :
Just says error where it would usually say the track. All the tracks I use is mainly from my external hard drive and yet if I play the same tracks on windows media player they work fine

If you drag and drop from Windows File Explorer to decks in VirtualDJ it works right?
If so, its just the database in VirtualDJ that has wrong path to the files

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 10:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)