Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ddj 1000 srt release platter with delayed startup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not sure if there's a setting I'm just not seeing but when u hold the platter down on the ddj1000 and release there's a delayed start up when released. This does not occur in serato, so my guess is not the controller. Thanks in advance

Posted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 5:03 pm
Yes there is quite a few settings for that
Try typing in "jog" in the settings, and play with them to find your sweet spot between everything being over-sensitive, and everything feeling delayed

Posted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 6:21 pm
touchwheelBackspin set to "no" in settings, can make it feel more responsive.
Since the software can "safely assume" you wont be dont that from a dead still jog

Posted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 6:52 pm
Your description doesn't help, but also check rampStartTime and rampStopTime.
Ideally you want these at 0.0
Also you can change the touchwheelSpinThreshold setting to make the deck resume normal playback speed in higher or lower platter speed after a release

Posted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 9:24 pm
All good suggestions guys, thanks!

I'm just stopping the track playing with a finger on the platter. Then when I quickly lift my finger to release there's a noticeable lag. I see it the most when scratching slow and release.

L2

Posted Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 12:55 am
listen2 wrote :
Then when I quickly lift my finger to release there's a noticeable lag. I see it the most when scratching slow and release.

But the suggestions above didnt "fix" that ?

Posted Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 12:25 pm
Yes, thank you guys. Backspin set to NO, seemed to resolve the issue, but it didn't make total sense so what I did was keep that enabled and tweak the the touch wheel spin threshold. That was set to 0 and by changing to 1 did the trick.

Posted Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 2:24 pm
listen2 wrote :
That was set to 0 and by changing to 1 did the trick.

I wouldn't go as bold as 1.0, at least not without trying intermediate values first.
So I would suggest you to try values like 0.8/0.85/0.9 etc first before going to 1.0

Posted Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 10:40 pm
Will do, thanks you guys!

Posted Mon 01 Mar 21 @ 6:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)