Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Broadcast settings to MIX-Clouds

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I emailed the guys at Virtual DJ as I had a challenge when broadcasting to Mix Cloud...

MY EMAIIL

I broadcast to Mix-Cloud and I am having trouble customising the settings
Video Bitrate, it should be between 2500kbps to 3500kbps, I am currently broadcasting 1953kbps with the default settings. My Audio Bitrate I want at 320kbps. I am currently broadcasting at 125kbps!
Can you please tell me how to change these in VDJ as I can't seem to find this anywhere.

THE RESPONSE

Hi,
you can just select between Low, Medium and High Quality
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Video%20Broadcast%20to%20MixCloud.html

MY RESPONSE

Thank your for your email!

Your suggestions does not work sufficiently for Mix-Cloud…

If I choose the HIGH setting, MIX Cloud will stop the broadcast because of the video Rate being too high, I get kicked off and the !!!!!!

Video Notification

Video bitrate notification

Audio Bitrate notification

If I choose MEDIUM SETTING, I get a performance indicator from Mix Cloud stating that my Video and Audio is not optimal.

If this is the only answer you have for me, I won’t use Mix-Cloud to broadcast and and will choose to use OBS instead, as I can tailor each of these settings inside this software.

Regards

DO ANY USERS HAVE A BETTER RESPONSE THAN THIS? IS THERE A WAY TO MAXIMISE THE BROADCAST IN MIX CLOUD USING VDJ?...

Thanks

Posted Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 3:27 pm
All of them are just notifications.. such as 1080p they will downscale to 720p, and that they have 320 available bitrate for audio. All should work fine though, plenty of VDJ users on Mixcloud all the time ;-)

That being said, you can also set custom broadcast settings in settings as well
But shouldnt be needed (And maybe preset for mid should be upped to 2500 bitrate)

Posted Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 3:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
We'll adjust the bitrate and resolution used for the high quality setting in the next update.
In the meantime, you can use a custom quality setting and set it to
1280x720@3400,320 for example

Posted Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 3:37 pm
@adion I think it would be advantageous to be able to store several custom rates rather than just one.

Posted Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 5:48 pm
Thanks for your comment, I would prefer though, when I am broadcasting to Mix Cloud that I have no 'Ambers' at the top of the screen when Dj'ing. The OCD part in me just wants it perfect! OBS you can tailor all of these settings and get no Ambers when broadcasting.

Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
All of them are just notifications.. such as 1080p they will downscale to 720p, and that they have 320 available bitrate for audio. All should work fine though, plenty of VDJ users on Mixcloud all the time ;-)

That being said, you can also set custom broadcast settings in settings as well
But shouldnt be needed (And maybe preset for mid should be upped to 2500 bitrate)

Posted Tue 16 Feb 21 @ 8:43 am
100%

groovindj wrote :
@adion I think it would be advantageous to be able to store several custom rates rather than just one.

Posted Tue 16 Feb 21 @ 8:46 am
THANK YOU! ❤️

Adion wrote :
We'll adjust the bitrate and resolution used for the high quality setting in the next update.
In the meantime, you can use a custom quality setting and set it to
1280x720@3400,320 for example

Posted Tue 16 Feb 21 @ 9:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)