Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: SOLVED - Camera Issue
Hello one and all, i hope this post helps a few of you.

This evening i was going to go and broadcast live on VDJ after finding out how to receive calls via Skype routed through VDJ with a virtual audio cable and with my C1-USB mic, however i did not succeed in working out how i do this, i will put a post up in detail on what i am trying to achieve in due corse.

The main topic i am wanting to write about is another issue i was facing and it seems like a few of you are finding the same issue i have had, however i want to ease your mind in timeless google searching just to simply help you guys/girls out.

THIS SHOULD BE AS SIMILAR AS IT IS FROM MAC TO PC

Now first of all i am running Mac OS Big Sur and VDJ8.5.6257

First of all, please make sure you have updated your PC/MAC to the latest version

Also make sure your running the latest version of VDJ

If you experiance issues when trying to broadcast your webcam through VDJ and you select Camera from the Video Source menu, then please follow steps below.

For Mac Users

1. Quit VDJ completely
2. Close all other apps/programmes that you may be running (Alternatively, hit Apple menu, click "Force Quit), and force quit all items including Finder
3. Again goto the Apple menu, this time goto "System Preferences" and click "Security & Privacy"
4. In the left pane click on "Camera" and then make sure VDJ is checked on.
5. Once the setting is checked, quit out of System Preferences.
6. Reopen VDJ and your should now be able to see your Webcam video

FOR WINDOWS

1. Quit VDJ completely
2. Close all other apps/programmes that you may be running
3.Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera.
4.Choose your preferred setting for Allow apps to access your camera.
5.Under Choose which apps can access your camera, turn the individual settings for apps On or Off.6. Reopen VDJ and your should now be able to see your Webcam video

I do hope this helps some of your out there,

Thanks

Dj Harvey

Posted Fri 05 Feb 21 @ 10:43 pm
J.KOVACPRO InfinityMember since 2018
If any not worked, try first turning off antivirus and firewall protection. In my case Kaspersky! After pausing the protection - all worked fine ... Two days before I tried reinstall the drivers, changing the Windows security options, removed the webcamera from the device manager and etc. - nothing worked. Finally I paused Kaspersky Endpoint Security - and the webcamera was turned on in Virtual DJ.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 22 @ 7:31 am
J.KOVACPRO InfinityMember since 2018
... or/and make a excllusion rule in firewall settings for VDJ.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 22 @ 8:34 am