Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Autoload and log files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, long time supporter of VDJ here. As with many of us, lockdown = no gigs. But I have started broadcasting more and I want to use VDJ as the solution - but I've hit some stumbling blocks. I'm wanting to run lots of recorded interviews, beds, jingles and - of course - music through VDJ.

1. Is there a way to auto-normalise/gain the decks so that, before I press play, I'm not having to check the levels of every item? Some of my clips are only 8" and - when run in a fast sequence - means I won't have time to pre-fade them before hitting play.

2. Because of the rapid rate of clip loading, is there a way I can load from a sidelist or playlist straight to the next available player? **The moment I press play on a piece of audio, I want the next piece of audio to load to the next deck in sequence.** Because I aim to go Bed > Interview > Jingle I will need to use the four deck setup (if I've recorded an interview on-location and the background fades out - I'd have to wait for the full fade before the jingle would load on a two-deck setup).

3. Because of the joys of working for a professional broadcaster, I need a second-by-second log of every song played. This doesn't have to be comprehensive - title/artist (or filename) and duration is ideal. i.e. items played with a fader open for greater than 1 second = logged. This includes samples.

4. I will most likely set up QWER as Play/Stop Deck A / B / C / D (even better if puts your headphones onto 100% output and cancels any pre-fade)
ASDF as a press and hold to Cue Deck A / B / C / D (even better if it shuts that faders for you and sticks it on 100% prefade!)
ZXCV as a play final 10 seconds of Deck A / B / C / D (even better if it shuts that fader for you and sticks it on 100% prefade)

5. Rather than outboarding the microphone, is there a way the mic can be muted/unmuted - let's say with the spacebar?

Naturally, I won't be needing all of the complexities of doing a club set, so if there's a simple 4 deck skin you've found in your travels...I'm all eyes/ears!

Sorry for the long post - I've done a fair bit of searching around and not quite found the exact solution yet - and this may help many others who are diversifying in the current climate!

Andrew :-)

Posted Tue 05 Jan 21 @ 11:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)