Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Urgent problem with Recurse Folder

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All,

Just about to record my show today and I seem to have a massive problem. My Windows 10 had 3 or 4 updates last night. All installed OK. Come to my vdj just now and for the first time I'm getting a weird result when I recurse a folder. I have 73,000 tracks on my hard drive and all my new stuff goes in to a brand new folder. I mix multi genre, experimental anything and everything and I like to bundle all my new stuff in to a folder called brand new. I have 36,000 tracks in their in various album folders so I use recurse a lot. Never ever been a problem before. Now I recurse the folder it gets to around 36,000 and carries on from about 180,000 (I only have 73,000 tracks) currently recursing 745,000 tracks and counting. I have reset my root folders, still the same, I have uninstalled vdj, the latest build and backed up my database and restored, still the same.​ I have all my play count key and. Bpm data so I know it's not my external hard drive corrupted. Can you please help as have a deadline to meet to get the show off and all the PRS info sent out. Many thanks if you can.

Kind Regards Will.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 2:30 pm
Any chance you have playlist files (m3u files) inside the folder you recurse ?
Because VirtualDJ will try to parse their contents...

Posted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 3:17 pm
Hi Phantom, Thanks for taking time to reply. Not exactly sure what you mean. It's just a sub folder called Brand New under my Dj folder. The whole dj folder has 77,000 tracks which include the 35,000 in the Brand New folder. Do I have to look for a certain thing to find the m3u file?

Posted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 3:25 pm
Hi Phantom, Reading again I get what you mean now. Yeah I have files in the recurse folder that are in Playlists and virtual folders. However, I haven't changed anything at all and never ever once in many years have I had this problem. Those tracks have always been in v folders and playlists.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 3:35 pm
OK so you've got a problem with this one computer at the moment. Do you not have a backup computer you can use for the show?

Posted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 3:46 pm
Hi Guys, No unfortunately. The only work around I have just found is to create a filter folder, input the right info for my BRAND NEW folder and set it to recurse. That is working. It's just I want to get to the bottom of why this has suddenly gone this way. Many thanks for any help, the people on this forum are so helpful.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 4:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)