Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: USB MICROPHONE with Hercules Starlight

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cwistonPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm "attending" a family wedding this month in the DR and was asked to DJ/MC the reception since the resort has basically canceled "in house" DJ services (I WILL however, have access to powered speakers onsite). Since I have NO desire to bring my Denon controller PLUS a wireless mic setup with me, I just purchased the Hercules Starlight controller. Can anyone recommend a USB mic to MC with? Additionally, can anyone explain to me how to get it to work? I have my eye on the Samson Go Mic because it has the Cardioid/Omni switch and has good reviews. Can I make this microphone work as an MC mic with VDJ 2021 and the Hercules Starlight. If so, how? And if not, ARE there any USB microphones that would be able to be used as a performance mic in this configuration? I would GREATLY appreciate any help!

Posted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 12:34 pm
I have just looked on line and I found this one it is a behringer ulm 300 usb wireless microphone it may be worth a look but I have never used one as my hercules rmx controller has a microphone socket built in.As for setting up any microphone within VDJ is fairly easy in the audio section of the settings I hope this info is helpful.

Posted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 2:00 pm
cwistonPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Skylite, you're going to make me do what I swore I wasn't... Buy a $100 microphone for this setup. BUT that mic is exactly what I'm looking for. THANK YOU! Let's hope this old dog is tech savvy enough to get this thing to work in VDJ. Again, thank you!

Posted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 2:31 pm
You are very welcome I do try and help you guys out on here if I can sorry if you have to spend $100 and I hope the wedding goes well and you put on a good show.

Posted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 2:58 pm

Posted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 3:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)