Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: my data base wont work with new hard drive

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

my music hard disk died, and i had to buy a replacement drive

it was a SATA internal drive and i have replaced it with a new one, but currently its connected via USB-SATA cable and within the next week or 2 i will have it installed inside the computer

my music was backed up a few months ago, so my music collection is a few months out of date
but i have the database, which i emailed to myself the day my drive died
and i have re-downloaded all of the music i had been collecting since the last backup

so my plan is to see whats missing from the database and then replace the files

heres my problem, VDJ doesnt seem to be recognising the database. all of my music is coming up as "first seen = today"
and all my playlist songs are showing as "missing"

also VDJ seems to be creating a database folder on the new drive, i dont know why its doing that, because i always have that file in 'my documents'

there is no option in virtual dj to tell it which database file to read.

and the folder tree and drive letter is correct, so its not a folder tree/driver letter issue.

do you have any reccommendations as to what i can do to sort this out please?

Posted Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 7:21 pm
If you have it connected via USB then your computer (and VDJ) will see it as an external drive - so VDJ will put the database there.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 7:28 pm
groovindj wrote :
If you have it connected via USB then your computer (and VDJ) will see it as an external drive - so VDJ will put the database there.

ok but if i replace that database file with my old database file, it still doesnt read it ,for some reason
the music still appears, as it would in a blank database

Posted Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 7:34 pm
You may have to do a find and replace on the file paths in the database to reflect the new location of your media files.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 7:48 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
You may have to do a find and replace on the file paths in the database to reflect the new location of your media files.

its the same D:\Music\[ DJ FOLDER ]\[ MUSIC ]

if i open the tag editor on existing songs, it comes up the same

Posted Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 7:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)