Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Traktor Kontrol S8 compatibility
Since stems are getting even more popular, I was wondering if the future would produce compatibility with the Traktor Kontrol S8... and is The Phase compatible?

Posted Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 4:42 am
Controllers are already compatible with stems .. :)
Either by using the EQ knobs on the controller or the performance pads.

The S8 is not premapped, but can for now at least 'easily' map the basic functions yourself.
Might come a plug & play mapper one day as well

And Phase works with VirtualDJ ;-) Supported natively

Posted Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 2:18 pm
user22797685 wrote :
Since stems are getting even more popular, I was wondering if the future would produce compatibility with the Traktor Kontrol S8... and is The Phase compatible?

March 31st 2022 Traktor S8 now works and is maped with Virtula DJ! Whoo Hoo, Screens work, Loops, Hot cues, Seems the only part I am working to figure out is the remex decks as that function switches to the sampler which is cool. The Virtual DJ stems also work on the S8!. This adds so much life to the Traktor S8. Thanks for the integration and work that was put into making this possible!

Posted Fri 01 Apr 22 @ 4:59 am
Traktor Kontrol s5 work?

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 7:32 pm
xizixdj wrote :
user22797685 wrote :

March 31st 2022 Traktor S8 now works and is maped with Virtula DJ! Whoo Hoo, Screens work, Loops, Hot cues, Seems the only part I am working to figure out is the remex decks as that function switches to the sampler which is cool. The Virtual DJ stems also work on the S8!. This adds so much life to the Traktor S8. Thanks for the integration and work that was put into making this possible!

Did you ever figure this out?
Just picked up an S8 and it would be so amazing to control stems via the remix deck sliders...

Posted Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 2:19 am
dj kkfmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
user25952078 wrote :

Just picked up an S8 and it would be so amazing to control stems via the remix deck sliders...

An S8 is my main VDJ controller (at least until the FLX10 mapping is available). The problem (for me) of using the deck sliders for stems was that things got confusing when switching between decks A and C or decks B and D. I ended up using the LED buttons right above the sliders to control stems since I usually just want to mute or unmute a specific stem.

If you want to use the sliders to control stems, change the mapping so that the GROUP_SL_* items map to the stems you want to control. For instance, you might map GROUP_SL_1 to 'stem Rhythm'.

If you want to use the buttons like I described, map the GROUP_ON_* items. You'll also want to set the LED_GROUP_ON_* items to the same values so that the LEDs turn on and off appropriately. You can play around with assigning 'stem_pad' or 'mute_stem' to get the behavior that works best for you.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 1:10 pm