Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: corrupted database - Page: 2
Happened AGAIN last night. Lost all my cue points, BPM's...everything! Luckily I had an old DB saved from a couple of week ago and was able to load it and get everything back without having to rescan everything again. But this is getting REAL annoying and unproductive now. What happens if for some reason VDJ doesnt like an old DB also when you try to use it as a backup? Something needs to happen from the dev's so this doesnt keep happening. No idea what can be done, but it should be on a roadmap to figure out.

Posted Wed 04 Nov 20 @ 1:53 pm
Same here last night, everything gone. 8,900 videos to be rescanned. Worse than that it coughed at 12.30 last night and with restarts and re-scans and backup recoveries, there was no point restarting as 30 mins had passed. Nobody mentions that the corruption locks the PC up quite a bit, it's not just a case of switch in the backup and go. i7 32gb 1tb SSD 2 USB 4Tb external.

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 10:39 am
Do you not keep a database backup? Functionality is built in to do this automatically and it takes seconds to restore to a previous point.

Sounds like something else caused the problem rather than VDJ.

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 10:43 am
Soo, yes I have backups but today vdj was refusing to read the backups correctly, not recognising file types as video and falling over quite a bit, I think this is the last update that's caused this because I've never had this before.

I needed to delete the db file and start again. But long files (recordings) were still being misreported. After 5 hours manually asking for a scan of each folder (recurse not responding) we're finally up and running.

Question for the more experienced: What is VDJ Downloading as it's scanning?? Mouse over the queue and it's constantly at it. That can't be healthy?

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 2:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
usually cover art, nothing to get worked up about, if not for the display telling you would you even notice?

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 2:39 pm
Well obviously I did, because I was looking at "not responding" for a lot of today.

Is there a directive or a need or a fashion to be dismissive of customers queries at Atomix?

Certainly feels that way.

1. Your fault i.e. you should have backed up
2. It's your equipments fault, not good enough pal
3. Something else must have cause it
4. It's nothing, don't let it bother your tiny little mind
5. That's been covered in a different thread.
6. You did something wrong

There are other options available guys, if the software is getting buggy then own it and fix it.

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 3:08 pm
dublinmike wrote :
Well obviously I did, because I was looking at "not responding" for a lot of today.

Is there a directive or a need or a fashion to be dismissive of customers queries at Atomix?

Certainly feels that way.

For sure!

Many of the problems they blame on something else are either directly or indirectly their problem. No question about it. It is really stupid to have no protection for their sensitive files. They could do some really simple things that would help a lot but they don't. They could do robust things that are not hard but they don't. Who knows why?. Then you got the yes men saying crap which is BS much of the time. I guess to get brownie points and maybe you get the use of a virgin for a week :)

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 3:48 pm