Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Two Pads Questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Checked previous posts and checked out some YouTube content on this, but I am not having luck.

I have my keyboard mapped to change to some pad pages. When they are pressed, the skin changes, but not the physical controller. I have messed with the "independent" settings, but no fix. Any insight?

Also, I have keys mapped for "pad_param +1/-1" that would go to the second bank of 8 pads. Doesn't appear to be working anymore.

Thanks as always.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:22 pm
What's the mapping you're using for the keyboard? What controller are you using?

The keyboard controls VDJ via the keyboard mapping. The controller does it via the controller mapping. Two separate things.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:31 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I pulled this a long time ago, I ended up remapping my pads

pad_bank2 ? pad 9 : pad 1

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:39 pm
groovindj wrote :
What's the mapping you're using for the keyboard? What controller are you using?

The keyboard controls VDJ via the keyboard mapping. The controller does it via the controller mapping. Two separate things.

The script is "pad_page 'NAME OF PAGE'

The keyboard mapping used to change the controller. Tested it on a variety of units, including a MC7000 and LaunchPad Pro.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:42 pm
locodog wrote :
I pulled this a long time ago, I ended up remapping my pads

pad_bank2 ? pad 9 : pad 1

I am missing something here. The script appears to just trigger the pad. I was looking to display contents of the next 8 pads on the skin.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:46 pm
What do you mean by "change the controller"? What changes?

Pads are pads. If you change the page via the skin (or keyboard) the controller pads will operate the pads on whatever page you changed to. Pad 1 is still pad 1 (etc).

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:49 pm
groovindj wrote :
What do you mean by "change the controller"? What changes?

Pads are pads. If you change the page via the skin (or keyboard) the controller pads will operate the pads on whatever page you changed to. Pad 1 is still pad 1 (etc).

The page would change on the controller as well. So if I pressed the pad_page "custom" key on the keyboard, the controller would change to that page as well. Now the controller changes the page on the skin, but not the other way around.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:53 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
for your second bank, I reskinned the default so that I could see pad_bank2

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 10:01 pm
Wanted to follow up here and see if anyone had any new ideas on the scripts not changing the pads on the controller.

TIA.

Posted Mon 31 Aug 20 @ 8:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)