Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ Crashing when bringing up a VST's GUI

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This just started happening this week, even with a fresh installation of Virtual DJ.

I have a VST assigned to the mic, and a pad which opens the VST's gui. I've been using this for months.

Ever since last week, when I click the pad to open the GUI VDJ freezes and eventually crashes.

Here's the WEIRD thing... if i remove the VST (and I've tested with a few different ones), open VDJ, close VDJ again and then move the VST back into the Plugins folder - the GUI will open ONCE with no problem... and then crashes on any subsequent openings.

This is happening with all VST's I've been using for months now with no issues, even with a vanilla installation of VDJ (including removing all prevous settings in Documents\VirtualDJ.

VDJ v8.5-64 b6017
Windows 10
Intel i7
16GB RAM
NVidia 1060 8GB graphics card

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 4:42 pm
PilotGav wrote :

I have a VST

Would you care to tell us which one? Preferably name all the VSTs you're using, as it could be one of them that's causing the issue.

Unless you name them, no one else can check.

PilotGav wrote :

just started happening this week
Ever since last week

Which is it? This week or last week?

How long have you been using the 64 bit version of VDJ? Are all the VSTs 64 bit?

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 4:58 pm
Not had problem here..
Is it with any VST or all?

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 6:12 pm
groovindj wrote :

Would you care to tell us which one? Preferably name all the VSTs you're using, as it could be one of them that's causing the issue.
Unless you name them, no one else can check.

Which is it? This week or last week?

How long have you been using the 64 bit version of VDJ? Are all the VSTs 64 bit?

There are many VST's I use. I've been using them for months with no issue. Now all of them are doing this so I don't beleive it's any one specific VST that's causing this. I've also removed every VST from the folder and added one at a time and it still happenes with any VST.

This week = this week. I can't remember the exact day it started.

I've been using the 64 bit version since the day it first came out.

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 8:48 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Not had problem here..

Any VST ( of the one's that I've been using for months).

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 8:49 pm
PilotGav wrote :

There are many VST's I use

You said you were using "a VST" on the mic. That implies one VST, not many. What's the VST you're using on the mic?

What are the "many VSTs"? If you want help, you need to give specifics so others can try to recreate the issue.

What's the code you're using on the pad that opens the VST?

Are all the VSTs 64 bit?

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 9:01 pm
PilotGav wrote :
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Not had problem here..

Any VST ( of the one's that I've been using for months).

Odd, tried my end for those I have installed, and didnt have any issue with those

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 10:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)