Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ 1000 channels too loud

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Help
When I try to use my DDJ 1000 (Not DDJ 1000 SRT) with Virtual DJ 2021 and my 2015 15" mac book pro Retina, the mixer channels on the DDJ 1000 are way too loud & do not seem to respond much to adjusting the gain knobs. Sometime, the same song loaded on the 2 different channels are displaying different levels even though the equalizers & gain knobs are set the same for both channels. The songs are often playing in the red zone of the LED.

Thanks.

G.

Posted Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 7:24 pm
I am having the same problem on my ddjsz2 . It constantly peaks in the red I went to settings audio turned off auto gain and cut the db to -6 or-9 .

I still get spikes and the gain knob still takes moment to register movement

Lenovo yoga 711
I5 quad core
8gig mem
Nvidia GPU on board with vdj running in the nvidia

Is there any way to make the gain knobs more responsive?

Posted Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 1:05 am
You should leave autoGain enabled and the gainsliderincludesautogain option on yes.
Then you should know that the normal position for gain knobs is '12 o clock ' and that after each tracks load you should return your gain knobs at 12 o clock to start working again.
With this way if the volumes are still too loud you should use the zerodb setting to lower the load volume of auto gain.

Posted Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 5:18 pm
If I have to leave auto gain enabled why give me a choice to disable it..I don't want to start EVERY track at unity .

Is there another solution?

Posted Tue 14 Jul 20 @ 11:30 pm
Auto gain isn't a bad thing. It just ensures that the tracks in your collection play at roughly the same level.

It also means that most of the time you don't have to tweak the gain controls.

Posted Wed 15 Jul 20 @ 7:30 am
I have similar problems on DDJ-RZX. If i turn the gain knob just a little bit from 11 to 12 o'clock, the the average LED level jumps from -20 to +15dB.But I hear that the audio level ist just maybe 3-6dB louder.

Posted Wed 15 Jul 20 @ 2:04 pm
I'm one of those users who also don't like the way VDJ behaves with the gain knobs.
I think there should be a rework on this (as I already asked for).
And I also have the ideas on how to make their use more intuitive.
However...

If you want to work around this problem a little bit you can go to options and set the option "controllerTakeoverMode" to "gradual".
You don't have to pick it up anymore and can work with your gains from the position it was left from the previous song.
Don't forget to set this back later (you can automate this by writing some small scripts in ONINIT & ONEXIT of your controller).

Posted Wed 15 Jul 20 @ 2:32 pm
VDJ Monty wrote :
I have similar problems on DDJ-RZX. If i turn the gain knob just a little bit from 11 to 12 o'clock, the the average LED level jumps from -20 to +15dB.But I hear that the audio level ist just maybe 3-6dB louder.

Keep in mind that in internal mixer mode (default recommended mode) the VU meters of RZX are MIDI controlled and that they don't represent the silkscreen printed scale.
Also there's a significant difference between using "peak" or "power" vu-meter setting in VirtualDJ settings

Posted Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 7:25 am
andy-chiles wrote :
I'm one of those users who also don't like the way VDJ behaves with the gain knobs.
I think there should be a rework on this (as I already asked for).
And I also have the ideas on how to make their use more intuitive.
However...

If you want to work around this problem a little bit you can go to options and set the option "controllerTakeoverMode" to "gradual".
You don't have to pick it up anymore and can work with your gains from the position it was left from the previous song.
Don't forget to set this back later (you can automate this by writing some small scripts in ONINIT & ONEXIT of your controller).

going to try this thank you....

Posted Sat 12 Sep 20 @ 8:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)