Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Better Relocation of Missing files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I find the missing files issue buggy
and there should be a Button to Activate a Scan

1.. Relocate Missing Files is only 1 file at a time.. even though I highlight 6800 files... so I used a Weight on the ENTER key just to get it to auto goto the next one.. But once it cant find a file.. is a pain in the arse.. it be nice that it Automatically does the 6800 files and if it cant find a file skip to the next one and so on... so its automatic so your not sitting there doing 1 file at at time for 6000+ files

2.. it be nice if it could find Similar files.. since VDJ is poor to rename files not like programs TAG and Rename you gotta do it ahead of time before adding but I didn't
but if I have a file "1. LMFAO - Song name" and I renamed it to "LMFAO - Song name" it be nice that the software would say this is the same file just doenst have the 1. in front and so save it as that.. and or read file tags or File Size to compare oh this same file.. and look all over the database for the same file..

3. Video Files.. if I change the Extension Virtual DJ cant find it.. be nice you could search for file name not just extension.. at one time AVI VOB and MP4 were popular now its MKV.... so if I use a program to convert all my AVI VOB MP4 into MKV … It be nice that VDJ would see. that "LMFAO - Song name.avi" is the same as "LMFAO - Song name.mkv" as vdj you cant convert video containers into another format..

I had some other ideas but I cant remember at moment and dealing with a headache.. if you guys had more questions if you were willing to add features above just inbox me as id have more ideas that would help... as unless you rename it properly before adding to vdj its a pain in the ass..

oh forgot .. another Bug in Move Files

if I have a folder E:\music\music\<stuff in here>

if I wanna move all the files under \music\music\ to \music\ you cant
it gives you same file folder Skip or cancel.. no option to say Yes over write

so I wanna MOVE \music\music to \music with windows copy move you can do this.. with VDJ you are unable to.. so in end to say move 100 folders under \music\music the trick I had to do so VDJ would notice by renaming current folder to a name then moving files too root then headaches of moving one file folder at a time..
pain in the butt... so make it so you can Overwrite.. or Write Into folder like windows offers since VDJ disables it and only offers SKIP or CANCEL when moving folders with the same folder name

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 1:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)