Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sound Card no longer recognised by VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been broadcasting using VDJ for about a month and I have been using a USB Mic with a supplied USB Sound Card and today when I went to do a sound check prior to a show VDJ returned a message Sound Card not found.
The sound card was in the same USB port so to check I switched it to another USB port and still it was not found.
I then switched to an older laptop and installed the latest version of VDJ on that and the sound card was found.

I have uninstalled the VDJ from my main computer and re-installed it still the sound card is not found.
The sound card is found with other software on the computer just not VDJ.

Has anyone experienced this and if so how was it resolved?

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 2:00 pm
Rather than just saying "a USB mic", tell us which one. Instead of saying "a USB sound card", tell us which one.

Did you save your VDJ audio config when it was working? Is VDJ still set to that same config?

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 2:13 pm
The USB mic is a USB Streaming Podcast PC Microphone, MAYOGA Professional 192KHZ/24Bit Condenser Microphone Kit with Sound Card, Studio Cardioid Condenser Mic Kit for Skype YouTuber Karaoke Gaming Recording.

This has been working really well but I have recently had a Windows 10 update and a Virtual DJ update.
Yes I had saved the Audio config and now it won't find the sound card.

As I have said I have carried out a full uninstall of VDJ and a re-install but it is still the same.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 2:31 pm
This is the error message I am getting from VDJ

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 2:38 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
After Windows updates or drivers updates devices names sometimes change. (and some settings are altered)
VDJ is using device names to configure audio
Just redefine the audio setup and everything is working again
Or remove the <audioConfig..../audioConfig> section from settings.xml (or settings.xml if no special config)
VDJ will reconfigure to default by itself

i.e.:
some realtek drivers do not enable mix recording by default and resets after OS update
some default MS drivers use different names "hd audio" loudspeaker" "speaker/headphone"...

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 3:21 pm
So it's just a mic, not a mic and a soundcard?

What's the "other software" that works OK with the mic?

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 4:02 pm
I have Flashed the BIOS to the latest version, I have updated all the sound drivers where applicable. I have even removed Virtual DJ completely from this devices and cleaned the registry, restarted and re-installed Virtual DJ and this seems to have resolved the issue as I am now able to pick up using the USB Sound card and it is recognised by Virtual DJ.

Thank you for all your suggestions and assistance.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 5:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)