Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Track cues/Id's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I don't know if I've hit an unknown to me hotkey, but when I've recorded a mix in the past and load the full mix back onto the deck it shows each track as a hotcue/Id as seen on deck 2, however i did a mix yesterday and just came to play it back and its not done this, I'm not sure what the correct term for this is so I'm drawing a blank looking in FAQ's does anyone know why its not cue'ing each track as it did?

Regards Milly

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 1:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Did you use the same gear and Audio setup in both cases ?
Perhaps the Hotcues on the Left Deck's track didnt get created, because VDJ didnt know when you switched Tracks (e.g. recording using ext mixer and loopback record input)

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 2:33 pm
The only thing I can think of that i did different is, the one with the cue's i hit record via the master, The one without cue's i open the settings and record from there, Everything else i did is exactly the same as I always do, I'll have to test if the way i hit record makes a difference

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 3:09 pm
There are record config settings to split the recording into sections via the crossfader position, and to create a cue file. I don't know if the created cue file would display the cues in the deck like that, but those are the only options available.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 4:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you rename the mix after recording perhaps?

Posted Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 4:49 pm
Adion wrote :
Did you rename the mix after recording perhaps?

This was exactly it :) tysm

Posted Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 9:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)