Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane Twelve platter causing unwanted deck selection...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am running a pair of Rane Twelves(set to control decks 1, 2, 3, 4[manual]), an NI Kontrol F1(set to control default deck), and a Pioneer DDJ-XP1(set to control decks 1, 2, 3, 4[manual]. The issue is the slightest bump to my booth causes the platters to wobble a tiny bit, then VDJ switches deck focus following the timecode signal from the platter. For instance; deck 1 is currently the masterdeck and is playing on air being controlled by the left-hand Twelve, I have a track cued up and waiting to be mixed in next on deck 2 which is being controlled by the right-hand Twelve, I decide to do some scratch using a track loaded on deck 3, I press the deck 3 select button on the left-hand Twelve and switch it from controlling deck 1 to deck 3, so now deck 1 is on air with neither Twelve assigned to it, and leftdeck is 3 controlled by left-hand Twelve, and rightdeck is deck 2 controlled by right-hand Twelve. Crossfader is at 0%, I begin scratching with the left-hand Twelve, causing the booth to wobble a bit, VDJ then goes wonky and switches default focus rapidly back and forth between decks 3 and 2 depending on which Twelve sent the last timecode signal. This then creates confusion with the Kontrol F1, as it is mapped to control a single deck, and only the default deck, as well as a fun scenario with the PFL in my phones. I tried adding mapping to the platter so that it only sends timecode when it's deck is playing, unsuccessfully. Any other ideas?

Edit:
I mapped this to the Motor_timestamp on the Twelves:

"play ? ns7_platter 'timestamp' : nothing"

Seems to have stopped the issue, but it basically eliminates cue jogging now. Perhaps a setting could be added to ignore_idle_motor_timestamp or at least prevent it from triggering deck focus.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 7:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)