Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ - Tracks from external drive won't play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

Sometimes when DJing - I come across songs on my external hard drive, that when I try loading them the deck will come up saying "Error".

Is there a way that I can find all the songs that are either corrupt or showing up with errors on my drive so I can remove them? Not sure if there is a tool or something I can use - I have 1TB worth of music and videos and it would take me a lifetime to sit and go through every single track one at a time.

TIA

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 9:47 pm
From within VirtualDJ I guess? and where "external" drive is songs you have added to folders or playlists?
If you get a file not found error on the decks, it means you have moved or renamed the songs outside of VirtualDJ. So the database does not have correct path to the file anymore.

Alternatively if you meant drag and drop from drive to deck, and you have an error, it might be the file is bad codex or something. But less likely.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 10:08 pm
Right, but is there a way to scan the whole drive to figure out which tracks have errors because of a faulty path or tracks that might just be a bad file? I have a 2TB hard drive with about 1.2TB of it filled with music and I need a way to clear out or clean the files with issues and looking for a way to do that without having to go through every folder and file one at a time as that'll take forever

Posted Tue 21 Apr 20 @ 3:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)