Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: No audio Output into Reloop RMP4 Media Players & Mixer??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,

Just installed VDJ and connected my two Reloop RMP4 media players to my MacBook. VDJ instantly recognised the RMP4s and I am able to control VDJ using them, however the sound is still coming out of the Macbook, rather than being fed back into the media players and into my mixer. The RMP4 is sold as being compatible with VDJ and is supposed to be plug and play, however the VDJ manual acknowledges that the RMP4 has no sound card, so will use the computer sound card by default. This is not a bespoke setup, and is supposed to be pre-mapped to work out of the box, so no idea why it doesn't work.

Obviously I can't set the audio as Master out, as it won't send the signal individually to each media player.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mart.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 9:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As you mentioned you are able to connect the players and control VirtualDJ with them, it looks like it is working out-of-the-box as it is supposed to.
As the manual mentions, the players do not include an audio device, so they are simply not made to get the sound from the computer, you'll have to complain with Reloop if you were under the impression that they did include this functionality.

You can of course buy a separate sound card, or a mixer that includes an audio device and use that with VirtualDJ to send the audio to.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 9:17 am
Thanks for the reply. I am 99% sure that the decks should work - as they are clearly advertised as being plug and play with VDJ, and do not mention that a separate sound card will be required. In the specific VDJ manual for the RMP4, the VDJ manual provide very clear setup instruction suggesting that it should work out of the box, does not mention that a separate sound card is required? I don't think this would be an oversight, as the RMP4 and VDJ combination looks like a deliberate collaboration, designed to work out of the box?

There must be a work around otherwise the decks are kinda redundant!??

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 10:10 am
Not sure which manual you are looking at then, but
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/reloop/rmp4/setup.html

states
Quote :
AUDIO SETUP
The unit is not offering a built-in audio interface (sound card), therefore no special button for the Reloop RMP4 with pre-defined audio configuration will be offered in this tab.
By default VirtualDJ will use the built-in sound card of your computer, but customized audio setups can be manually applied (see Audio Setup Guide of VirtualDJ 8 manual

Since many mixers nowadays include an audio interface, I guess the idea was that it would be used with such a mixer.
Otherwise you can find multi-channel audio interfaces for as little as $10 or so.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 1:16 pm
Thanks. Yes my mixer has a USB audio port, but it only feeds into a single channel, so you cannot separate the audio from deck 1 & 2. :(

Looks like I'll need to buy an audio interface then? Can you recommend any decent budget options that have usb input and 2x2 phono outputs?

Thanks!

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 1:22 pm
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-7-1-USB-Sound-Card/dp/B002LM0U2S/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=usb+5.1+sound+card&qid=1587390656&sr=8-1

I've had pretty good experience with some like this. It's not a real brand, so you'll find many similar ones looking for "usb sound card 5.1", and probably even cheaper on the chinese shopping websites if you can wait longer on delivery.

Here are some options from the more traditional brands as well:
https://www.juno.co.uk/reviews/best-dj-audio-interfaces/
and even more choice if you look for audio interfaces for musicians, but typically at higher prices too.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 1:57 pm
Thank you!

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 7:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)