Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Search_Playlist action

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Nice feature added in the latest build 5630.
Problem in my case is that my playlists are categorized per year under a sub-folder (saved history playlists) in the 'Playlist' folder.
Exmpl:
Playlist Sub-folder '2019' -> all my (saved history) playlists of 2019
Playlist Sub-folder '2020' -> all my (saved history) playlists of 2020
Would be great if the search_playlist action was expanded to ALL the playlists in VDJ (even those under a subfolder).

All my Music is categorized in Virtual Folders (per genre).
Therefore, it would be a very nice extension if there would also be a 'search_virtual folders' action.

Because often, when I search a certain song, I would like to know in which virtual folder that song is in, to browse for other songs to go together with the searched song, in that same virtual folder.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 7:30 pm
It already searches virtual folders, would be handy if there was an icon to differentiate the type of folder for the result.

Doesn't search playlist sub folders but I believe the devs already know about this.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 7:33 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Searching sub-folders will indeed be fixed in the next update, and icons to show the different types will also be added

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 6:08 am
Brilliant, thanks Adion.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 7:26 am
hi Adion,
now is still missing

search_filter_folder action to search which Filter Folder respectively Virtual Folder a song is in

please add this command !!!!!!!!!!

Many greetings from DJ Werner

Posted Sat 11 Apr 20 @ 9:37 am
Benz Werner wrote :

search_filter_folder action to search which Filter Folder respectively Virtual Folder a song is in

Filter folders are search folders themselves, and the result within can even dynamically change with the song played etc
Perhaps not within the range of what search_filter_folder should/could do ;-)

Posted Sat 11 Apr 20 @ 1:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)