Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: SPIN license needed - no internet

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All,

I have configured VirtualDJ to use an external analog mixer. In the audio settings I see now a message "License needed: SPIN". When I click on this message, a pop-up is coming with the window title "Controller License". The text tells me something about private and commercial usage and that I can use it for a certain time for free. In this window is a button "Connect". When I click this nothing happens and the same window will be opened again.
What do I have to do here?
For how long can I use it privately for free?
What does SPIN license mean?
Do I need to buy a license and which will it be? I only use it privately.

Many thanks and kindest regards,
Heiko

Posted Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 8:07 am

Posted Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 1:07 pm
OK.
But I have to select a controller to buy a licence. But as far as I understand an analog mixer is not a controller. Or am I wrong. And if so, which controller should I choose for HomePlus?
I need to sort this out until Friday.

Posted Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 5:33 pm
You haven't mentioned which analog mixer you're using...

If VDJ is saying you need a Spin license then I would assume you're using a Vestax Spin controller, not an analog mixer.

Posted Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 5:50 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Are you using a virtual midi device? I remember testing one with my phone and that showed up as a spin.
more info needed from you.
If you really are just using a external HW mixer then you need a analog mixer (sound config) home+ licence

Posted Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 6:07 pm
@groovindj: I am using a DAP Audio Core Mix 4 USB. Does this count as Analog?
If not, which controller would I need to select, as this Mixer is not in the list.
And I cannot control anything with this mixer. I can just send signals via USB to it. Deck 1 to Channel A and Deck 2 to Channel B. That's it. It is just a normal mixer. Or am I wrong?

@locodog: Yes, but for the Home+ license I have to select a controller, but which one would I need to select for above mentioned mixer?

Any help is appreciated.
Sorry, I am not a professional and have to use the devices I have. Don't want and need a real controller, so it should work somehow with this mixer.

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 6:23 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
locodog wrote :
then you need a analog mixer (sound config) home+ licence

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 9:51 am
Solved: For whatever reason, this was not in the list before. Don't know why, as it is at the top of the list.

Many thanks for being so patient with me.

Cheers!!

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 11:09 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
"analog mixer" should be in the list of available plus controller licenses

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 11:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)