Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Bug ? reload tags

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

danydjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
why when we do a "reload tags" bpm tags do not reload?
It's annoying to have rock in slow.

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 2:50 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
In fact when setTagsAuto is enable modifiied BPMs are written in tags
reload tags will only reload these altered BPMs

to get the original BPMs back scan track again using "Analyze for BPM etc."

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 12:47 pm
you did not understand, I noted 200 in the bpm and it is displayed 100, the software halves some music and multiplies by two others despite the fact that the bpm of the tag is right. And when you use the reload tags function it only works when you use a folder in the list on the left but not the multiple selection in the main window which also has the option which does not work.

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 1:56 pm
no staff for this problem ?

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 9:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can use the double or halve button in the bpm or tag editor to adjust the bpm range of a track

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 9:39 am
The problem is not there. there is an option "reload tags" which does not work when you select several mp3. Obviously can / 2 or * 2 but on 400 mp3 of which 1/8 is necessary it poses a timing problem in live

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 10:11 am
so a function that does not work is a bug for me

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 10:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can select multiple files and make the change for all files at once.

Bpm from analyzer is always preferred over bpm from tag since most tag formats do not allow to store accurate bpm information (usually only 1 bpm)

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 10:59 am
You still haven't understood anything, you're making an 80's selection, you're looking for sounds in the 80bpm range, you listen to one and it's a 160bpm rock, etc. It would be easier when you have once defined the speed in the bpm that it does not move anymore. I also have several badly defined songs by virtual 90bpm instead of 70bpm which I have to type each time to get the right bpm. It's not just users of its square techno or house with an easy bpm

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 11:38 am
I repeat, it is an option that does not work .... so problem

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 11:39 am
when you have passed 1,000,000 mp3, your proposal is not feasible

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 11:41 am
danydj wrote :
You still haven't understood anything, you're making an 80's selection, you're looking for sounds in the 80bpm range, you listen to one and it's a 160bpm rock, etc. It would be easier when you have once defined the speed in the bpm that it does not move anymore. I also have several badly defined songs by virtual 90bpm instead of 70bpm which I have to type each time to get the right bpm. It's not just users of its square techno or house with an easy bpm

When you listen live that wrong 160 BPM song, why do you need to open an external tag editor and fix the BPM instead of doing it in the software ?
Open VirtualDJ's Tag or BPM editor and adjust it. Then there's no need to reload tags. The correct BPM will stay.

And to make it clear:
Batch load tags works fine. Your issue here can't be considered a bug for several reasons, but the most dominant one is that all dj software trust their BPM analyzing engine more than a BPM value written in a tag.
This is an old discussion, but generally speaking the accuracy of DJ software BPM analyzers is far better than human ears when it comes to tracks with steady BPMs.
When it comes to tracks that their BPM drifts, that's a whole different story. A track can still be 117BPM, but the grid will start drifting here and there.
When it comes to tracks with multiple BPM's you can scan a track for multiple BPM's and if the software detects two (or more) different distinct BPM's and it will adapt accordingly. However, the tag of the track can only have one BPM value in this case.

So, from the way you describe your issue I believe it's better to adjust your workflow in order to speed up things and have everything working correctly...

PS: VirtualDJ "reads" the BPM value of a tag, but it does NOT use it. It uses the BPM value the BPM analyzer has calculated, or the BPM value you have adjusted through it's own tools (BPM editor, Tag Editor)

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 2:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
for half/double bpms I have two keyboard keys
set_bpm 50%
set_bpm 200%

Although for batch tag editing I do wish x2 /2 were always available as a lot of my albums range from 190+. tags at say 115 only offer /2

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 2:14 pm
The problem remains, the "reload tags" does not work when you select several mp3s (however the option is active). If it worked properly it would reload the tags including the fake Mp3s that virtual doesn't want to put in the right speed.

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 2:19 pm
locodog, but the question is not there

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 2:47 pm
Why do you need to reload tags anyway? Why have you changed a tag (or tags) outside of VDJ?

You should be importing your music, letting VDJ analyse it, then correcting any wayward BPMs from within VDJ (using e.g. the tag editor).

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 5:20 pm
to get the right bpm, because virtualdj is not able to just give it on certain music. and in my case it is 10 to 1000 of mp3 which are false in the display, not in the tag.

Posted Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 12:58 am
i guess your not aware VDJ does not utilize the BPM tag of a song it ads an entry to its database defining the BPM and to alter that you need to use the BPM editor inside VDJ :-)

Posted Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 1:22 am
I have been using VirtualDj since 2003, so I know very well how it works. I know how to use the different ways of notifying a bpm, dividing it, doubling it, etc. The problem that I raise is the inability of virtual to reload the tags in certain conditions. So all your advice on how to calculate a bpm does not correspond to the initial reflection which is virtual does not reload the tags of a filtered selection.

Posted Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 1:32 am
danydj wrote :
virtualdj is not able to just give it on certain music

groovindj wrote :
correcting any wayward BPMs from within VDJ

If we're comparing years, I've been here a long time too - and I've never had to use any other software when it comes to BPMs. IMO there's no need. Let VDJ analyse the tracks, then adjust the BPM if it's wrong.

Most of the time it's simply half or double because VDJ can't judge the tempo of the track - and that's common across any BPM analysis software.

If you're encountering some other BPM issue (not half or double) then I'd suggest informing Atomix of what tracks this is happening on, so they can improve the algorithm. That's the root of your problem, not tag loading.

Posted Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 5:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)