Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Phase square timecode signal

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mad659Home userMember since 2020
Hi all, newbie here. I dj'd back in the 80's and now building a much updated system for myself. The question I have is, do you all get a square waveform when using phase with vdj? Is this normal behavior? I know i get a perfect circle when using serato tc vinyl and it sounds great. I decided to go with phase to save my needles but the sound is like that of an old broken down turntable. I have tried different settings in both vdj and MWM connect for phase. It has the latest updates also. Not sure I have a faulty phase unit or is it something I'm missing. My setup is phase running thru an SL2 and an older Numark mixer, works fine if I use the Serato tc vinyl. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 1:09 am
mad659Home userMember since 2020
Nevermind folks, turns out that the sl2 box was switched to phono instead of cd. This was causing a higher line input and hence the large square waveform. The timing was off too. Even though I figured it out, I hope that my mistake can help someone out if they encounter a similar symptom. Thanks anyways.

Posted Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 1:45 am
I use Phase with no issues at all. How are you using it with a Home license though? Thought you needed at least a Pro license to be able to use timecode and an external mixer.

Posted Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 1:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)