Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Loading music compilation from desk top to virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HI Can anyone help me I am trying to import a music file from my desktop to virtual dj what I have done is made my own compilation and numbered all my tracks from 1 to 40 and when I import the folder into virtual dj it changes the compilation alphabetically. So can I bring it into virtual dj without out it doing that thanks mark

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 8:58 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
numbered them how?

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 9:27 pm
example 1. Elvis Presley . Moody Blues
2. Buddy Holly . Peggy Sue
ect

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 9:34 pm
display track number in browser and order by it

assuming you tagged them with track numbers. if not you should :-)

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 9:57 pm
thanks for your reply what I do is get my track I want to play and just put a number before the track details until I have my compilation I want to play from 1 to what ever tracks I do. so on my desk top I have a folder say rock and roll compilation I open that folder there I will have say 15 tracks numbered 1 = 15 thanks mark

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 10:12 pm
so you did it the long way round...
right click the field headers and show file name.

You'd have been better not bothering with numbering and just making playlists, it's much less work.

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 10:23 pm
Thanks locodog for the reply i have tractor 3 and have no problem with this it sees the folder and plays them in the order that i made it, the reason i do this is i can go through all my track on my cds and rip the only ones i want and i make compilations up so all i need to do is import them into virtual dj and set automix and just let them play in the the way i have made it, the reason i want this software is it does video tracks and i can mix and match them but what is happening when i import the follder its not seeing the numbers on the tracks its just automatically listing them in alphabetically by the track singers name

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 10:40 pm
Stop shouting, it's rude. vdj knows the numbers you added are track numbers, if you included the file name field like I said, you can see the raw file name and list alphanumerically, or you could include track as a browser field and see vdj did the work for you.

I suggest making playlists instead of manually numbering as 1, it's less work and 2 what happens when you want to put that elvis track that is number 8 into another playlist in position 3? your numbering system falls to pieces.

Posted Sat 01 Feb 20 @ 12:33 am
Hi locodog thank you for your reply im sorry but can you explain what you mean about file name and field if you don't mind I'm new to this or if you can explain it in more detail thank you regards Mark

Posted Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 2:37 am

Posted Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 2:42 am
Thank you so much locodog much appropriated

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 8:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)