Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Live Feedback

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey Gang!
I'm having a few issues with Live Feedback I hope someone can explain.
First one is it doesn't always make suggestions. Say I'm playing a song and it makes a suggestion. I change to the other deck and nothing changes in Live Feedback.
Second, when I'm playing music from the 80s. It always suggests "11 Spur 11" and a few other normal titles. The problem is, which I have no idea what the heck that is! I was a club DJ in the 80s and have never heard of anything close to "11 Spur 11!"
Thanks in advance!

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 7:26 pm
It works by comparing what you're playing to tracks that other VDJ users have played - so if you play No More Goat Soup, it will check to see if any other user has played it, then what they played next.

If they followed it with a track that's called 11 Spur 11 on their computer, then it will suggest you play that next. :-)

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 7:34 pm
I get “what it does” & "how it works" but unless it is tagged incorrectly, there is no such song as “11 Spur 11.” (That I have ever heard of or can find). And does it suggest a song if only 1 person has played it? It’s odd, it suggests this “11 Spur 11” on most 80s tracks I play. It just doesn’t seem right.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 7:55 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you try in GeniusDJ to drop one of the songs you commonly play and see if it also gives this result?
That would make it easier for us to try the same song as well.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 8:07 pm
Give a few examples of tracks you play that give this result, and I'll see what comes up for me.

Google shows me there are tracks out there with that name - but it does look as if most of them are from dodgy sites.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 8:10 pm
groovindj wrote :
Give a few examples of tracks you play that give this result, and I'll see what comes up for me.

Google shows me there are tracks out there with that name - but it does look as if most of them are from dodgy sites.

Okay, I played Kenny Loggins - Footlooose, & Prince - Kiss and it didn't recommend it.
then it did when I played Wham - Wake Me up (Before you Go Go), & Bolshoi - Away.
I tried a more current song DJ Snake & Cardi B - Taki Taki to clear out the cache, and it recommended another current song )Drake - Gods Plan). I went back to 80s and played 6 radio pop songs (Funky Cold Medina, Funkytown, Dancing with Myself....) and Live Feedback still recommended Drake - Gods Plan. (It never changed from the recommendation from Taki Taki).

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 8:45 pm
Playing Wham here gives Take On Me as a suggestion. I don't have the brackets round the latter part of the title though, so that might have a bearing.

It does seem to get stuck sometimes though. I see what you mean there.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 9:21 pm
groovindj wrote :
Playing Wham here gives Take On Me as a suggestion. I don't have the brackets round the latter part of the title though, so that might have a bearing.

It does seem to get stuck sometimes though. I see what you mean there.

It also gives me Take On Me. You can click on the arrows and scroll through 4 recommendations. Take on Me is usually one of them with any 80s song.

Posted Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 1:24 am
Thank you for listening to Emmradio. I will take the request until 21h00 tonight. Musically yours ,Estil

Posted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 6:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)