Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Not seeing Freestyler in my Master Effects
Anyone else have issues using the Freestyler effect? I have it in the correct folders but can't get it to show up in VDJ. I am having the same problem on both computers I use VDJ on. It started a while ago, before the 2020 update. I was hoping the update would fix it. :( I used to send bpm to Freestyler lighting software using the Freestyler effect. Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted Thu 26 Dec 19 @ 11:57 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Its now part of vdj
I can find it both 32 & 64 bit VDJ under Master -> SoundEffect -> other

It have to install from VDJ, settings -> Extensions
select tab effects -> other

Only appears as a master effect, not as a per deck effect

Note : may differ due to Home edition limitations ... You maybe find it in autostart which is an unreacheable folder with Home Version

Posted Fri 27 Dec 19 @ 12:38 am
Nicotux wrote :
Its now part of vdj
I can find it both 32 & 64 bit VDJ under Master -> SoundEffect -> other

Only appears as a master effect, not as a per deck effect

Note : may differ due to Home edition limitations ... You maybe find it in autostart which is an unreacheable folder with Home Version

Thanks for your advice. I did that and the only thing I could find was Freestyler Midi Remote Control UI. Unfortunately that's not the extension i was looking for. The extension I'm looking for would send beats, Freestyler messages, etc. I just don't think it's available anymore. :(

Posted Sat 28 Dec 19 @ 12:48 pm
I have the same issue. currently running pro version of VDJ but Freestyler does not show in master effects in both folders other or autostart. Can confirm the dll file is in both folders and was installed from other in extensions of VDJ, any thought would be appriciated.

Posted Sun 08 Aug 21 @ 1:52 pm
Nicotux wrote :

Posted Sun 08 Aug 21 @ 4:45 pm
Hi Nicotux,
Thanks for your reply.
Tried that also still cannot get it to show in the folder or get it to work.

Posted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 12:38 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
It only appears in the Master panel, Audio effect, in the folder "others" at bottom of the list
Note the GUI seems to be too big to be dockable - pro layout
bug with switching layouts need to select GUI multiple times when it disapears

Posted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 1:51 am