Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video and audio not in sync VDJ2020

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Mid 2012 MacBook pro with 8 gigs of ram and a 1 TB solid-state drive. I just update to 2020 but I don't do a lot of Video shows. Last night I did one and the video and audio were out of sync I tried changing the delay in the setting but it never seemed to work for me. If I change the setting do I need to shut down VDJ for the change to be made or does should the adjustment take effect right away or is it in the next video played. I have never had this issue before.B

Posted Sat 30 Nov 19 @ 7:14 pm
I have the same issue in version 2021 and can't figure out how to correct it.

Posted Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 5:18 am
Nowhere near enough info.

What's your setup? Mac? PC? OS?

Are you using a controller? External audio interface? What's the make & model?

What's your VDJ audio config? Post a screengrab.

Where are you sending the video? Broadcast stream? Big screen? Recording?

Posted Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 7:16 am
I have a Windows PC with Win 10.
I have an Alienware i5-4210M @ 2.6ghz
I am showing that I have 2 video cards
Gefore GTX 860 & an Intel HD 4600.
Pioneer DDJ-SR2 controller

Posted Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:18 pm
I am running into a 55" HD TV via HDMI.
How do Ido a screen grab?

Posted Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:20 pm
Ignore that last question. I have attached a screenshot of my audio settings. I have a feeling it's probably me video card. My video card has not been supported in quite a few years.

Posted Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:28 pm
Which way round is the problem? Is the sound late or is the video late?

Posted Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:42 pm
All TVs have some picture noise cancelation process and this will take prozessing time. So a lot of TVs have a slight delay. The good TVs have a video/audio delay setting in the menu. You can also improve the delay by disabling all video improvement prozessing on TV. Also VDJ has a delay setting, go to Virtual DJ options and type in: videoDelay. You can type in positive or negative values in milliseconds.

Posted Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 5:24 pm
So I buy a new laptop and now I get " My GPU does not support excelerated math". What does this mean? It's an expensive laptop with all the bells and wistles......

Posted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 12:21 am
This is another issue and not your topic. We are speaking here about video delays. Open a new one or take a search. Its already answered 1000 times.

Posted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 7:02 am
My apologizes. I was trying to figure out if my issues were with virtual DJ, or with my hardware.

Posted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 12:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)