Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Songs skipping or JUmping Randomly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HI Guys.
Look I know this has been discussed but I have never really seen a positive answer anywhere. before you guys throw technical specs at me. I am Technically Impaired. I am a great DJ but hardly use my Controller for anything more than the basics - I have a old Skool JB Systems K3 controller. this problem started a few months ago to such a point that I have removed my controller :( randomly, while either No 1 : The song is cued (for 1st dance) the "waves" just start jumping around & the song skips 2 or 3 times & then stops or I will play then 10 seconds In it jumps to 40 seconds then almost finish and then done....as you can understand not only is this very embarrassing bt extremely frustrating. all I want to do is give the people a awesome party! I have again downloaded the software (VDJ 7 LE ) & bought a new power supply & usb cable etc but will only tests it or TRY to test it tonight...I have 1 million $ questions...has ANYBODY out there ever figured out what the actual problem is? I also run on a 2011 MacBook Pro which has never given me any hassles. I really hope somebody can help as I have lost my "mojo"
Please provide me with a actual answer that somebody found :)
Regards
Cecil

Posted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 11:54 am
There is no single answer that solves everything. It can be caused by many things.

Posted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 11:57 am
2011 mac book could be overheating or the CPU needs repasted. Both very common issues and they can both cause the symptoms you describe.

Posted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 12:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Needle drop is my guess from your description.

I can't tell you the script fix if you're using v7 [totally forgotten it] but if you're using v8 [I don't know if there is a v8 LE available for that unit, check "my account"] then the fix is changing your "touch slider" mapping from
song_pos

to
is_audible ? nothing : song_pos

@devs is this something that should be pushed

Posted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 1:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)