Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEW VERSION: VirtualDJ 2020 - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi! I was using a Macbook before. But now bought a new Acer Nitro 7, i7 9th Gen, 8GB RAM, 4GB Nvidia Graphics, 256GB SSD. And now I'm using Pioneer Nexus CD player and DJM 900 Mixer to control and Soundcard. But now Virtual DJ refuses to turn off. Not only that, the Videos seem to freeze, and sometimes even the software freezes. I need help with this, Please it's a request.

Posted Sat 25 Jan 20 @ 10:20 am
Hi have the Pro License and updated to VDJ2020, I use primarily for Karaoke..is there a way to transfer a HISTORY file from one laptop to another via VDJ database maybe by CLOUD?

Posted Tue 04 Feb 20 @ 5:28 pm

Early release option...

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 11:03 am
The new VDJ default skin is great and it reminds me of my favorite skin series, the silver sleek series 2 and 3 by PhantomDeejay. However, there are two things that are missing. the ability to customize the jog wheel with my logo and the most important function the ability to add more information on the deck line. If I'll have to choose one it would be the ability to add more information on the deck line as shown below

1. Auto Cover Display (If there's no cover on the file the info area expands automatically)
2. Information Line 1. Can hold Title, Artist, or Artist-Title (3 options)
3. Information Line 2. Can hold Artist, Title, Album or Comment (4 options)
4. Information Line 3. Can hold Album, Comment or Remix (3 options)

I'm hoping this would be possible. There are other examples on how I use it.

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 2:39 pm
can anybody tell me the difference between the pro and performance skins? they more or less look the same with the exception of sandbox in one and not in the other

Posted Sat 22 Feb 20 @ 10:36 am
May I suggest that you take a little more time in your comparison, and you will see the difference and the options available. Sometimes you just have to play with the software, to get all the benefits.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 5:44 am
i did play with the options and thats all i see. unless m blind as a bat :p

Posted Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 5:48 am
Yes, you're blind as a bat :-)

Select the Performance skin, then, Rack and Select the Racks to add/remove on the display.......... doh! :-)

Posted Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 10:07 am
haha racks on racks on racks? :P

Posted Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 10:12 am
Stephane Clavel wrote :
VirtualDJ 2020 just got released today.

In addition to some new features like the Event Scheduler, Beatport streaming, a better harmonic mixing with auto pitching, etc, it also brings a brand new modern look adapted to all kind of DJs.

It is completely safe to upgrade from VirtualDJ 2018 to VirtualDJ 2020.
All your configuration and database will stay the same.
Only the design of the interface will change, and if you want to keep using the old one for a little bit longer, you can still find it in Settings->Interface->Old

Another change with VirtualDJ 2020, is that the PC version is now 64bit by default. (mac has always been 64bit-only since VirtualDJ 8.0)
If your VirtualDJ is auto-updating from VirtualDJ 2018, you will be on the 32bit version.
If you want to switch to the 64bit version, you need to download and run the installer manually.

(the difference between 32bit and 64bit version, is that the 64bit version is a bit faster, and use the latest video optimizations of your videocard. But some third-party plugins that have been written only for 32bit will work only with the 32bit version)

Also, like usual, the update to VirtualDJ 2020 is completely FREE.

Enjoy !

I LOVE IT, SINCE DAY-1!!!
thank you so much guys.

Posted Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 10:27 pm
rdemeraPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I update to the latest version and it keeps asking me to be "live", really? I don't need the social stuff, I just want to play. I keep logging in, it recognizes me and my full license and then once I re-start I'm back with the same. I does not keep my stuff. Any ideas?

Posted Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 12:09 am
rdemera wrote :
I update to the latest version and it keeps asking me to be "live", really? I don't need the social stuff, I just want to play. I keep logging in, it recognizes me and my full license and then once I re-start I'm back with the same. I does not keep my stuff. Any ideas?

Its not asking you to be "live" ;-)
Its asking you to CONNECT (or login) to activate your license ;-) its nothing about social

At the login (connect) screen there is a [ x ] "remember me" button, so that your login is remembered , and you dont have to login again next time ;-)

Posted Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 12:51 am

Early release option ON.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 20 @ 9:52 pm
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
[quote=Stephane Clavel]VirtualDJ 2020 just got released today.]

"Oops I did It Again..." I got late to this party...

Let me start by saying this.
Thanks, VDJ for continuing updating and upgrading your software.

I still can't believe, even after so many years using VDJ, you still give your upgrades for FREE...!!!!

From the first time I used your software, I fell in love. After using PCDJ first, I didn't think another software can be as good.

I'm sure there may be a couple of issues, mainly with me doing something I shouldn't, but like all other times before, I'll get over it and come out better at the other end.

With this downtime we all have, I will play with this new upgrade and get it rocking like all the other upgrades which came before.

Thanks, Virtual DJ for your support in our Dj industry.

Posted Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 5:33 pm

Early release...

Posted Sat 11 Apr 20 @ 7:47 am
Stephane Clavel wrote :

In addition to some new features like the Event Scheduler, Beatport streaming, a better harmonic mixing with auto pitching, etc, it also brings a brand new modern look adapted to all kind of DJs.

Only the design of the interface will change, and if you want to keep using the old one for a little bit longer, you can still find it in Settings->Interface->Old

Another change with VirtualDJ 2020, is that the PC version is now 64bit by default. (mac has always been 64bit-only since VirtualDJ 8.0)
If your VirtualDJ is auto-updating from VirtualDJ 2018, you will be on the 32bit version.
If you want to switch to the 64bit version, you need to download and run the installer manually.

(the difference between 32bit and 64bit version, is that the 64bit version is a bit faster, and use the latest video optimizations of your videocard. But some third-party plugins that have been written only for 32bit will work only with the 32bit version)

Enjoy !

using it now

Posted Fri 17 Apr 20 @ 3:45 pm
Dan (DB82) wrote :
DJ FORMAT wrote :

So am I now running the 64-bit version or the 32-bit version. and if I am running the 32-bit version where would I find the install file to update it to 64-bit .

If you were previously running the 32bit version and the software auto updated then it will still be the 32bit version.

Stephane Clavel wrote :

You can download the 64bit version here: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html
(the PC Version button by default on this page downloads the 64bit version)

Why do you want to use 64bit version?
Do you think it's different than 32 version?
Just asking...

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 7:29 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
x64 the video output is better, the skin is slightly clearer.

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 7:46 am
....has access to more RAM (one of the major 64 bit raison d'ĂȘtre).

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 7:54 am
nobblePRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hello Everybody,
I updated to the new version, but my cdj's 850 jog dial display goes nuts every time I play any song. Are you guys fixing this???

Stephane Clavel wrote :

Enjoy !

Posted Sat 09 May 20 @ 1:51 am
96%