Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Auto Gain Not Working on DDJ-SX2 and a playlist question...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
1. OK all my files are normalized and processed by Platinum Notes and Mixes in Key. When I load a song onto a deck and press play, the song plays at a level just below clipping until I touch the gain knob (just move it the tiniest bit)...then the song normalizes as it should. This happens on both decks every time a song is loaded even with auto gain on or off. This issue does not happen with Serato.

2. Whenever I use my "serato crates" all my music is listed twice...how can this be fixed?

Posted Mon 05 Aug 19 @ 11:37 pm
I seriously thought I would find someone who would have the answer. Oh well...I'll continue to try to figure it out the best I can.

Posted Wed 07 Aug 19 @ 2:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
2 I'm not a serato user but have you tried a database clean with vdj

And as for 1 erm, have you set autoGain to off?

Posted Wed 07 Aug 19 @ 3:26 am
locodog wrote :
2 I'm not a serato user but have you tried a database clean with vdj

And as for 1 erm, have you set autoGain to off?

For 1...I wish it were that easy...lol. Nope...I tried with autogain on as well as off. Now on straonge thing though...with autogain on If I play a playlist (automix) the song starts out really loud then after about 2 seconds the "autogain" kicks in... this happens with every song in the playlist.

Posted Wed 07 Aug 19 @ 8:36 pm
Need more info...

What exactly are you doing to the files with PN? If you're "normalizing" them (to what setting?) then it's only to be expected that they'll play just below clipping in VDJ.

What do you mean by "normalizes as it should"? If you've done the normalizing in PN then there should be no need to normalize (i.e. auto gain) in VDJ, as you're just undoing what PN has done.

When you've run the files through PN, are you then analyzing them in VDJ? Do you always use PN first, then add to the VDJ database?

Why not turn off the normalize in PN and just use VDJ's autogain?

Posted Wed 07 Aug 19 @ 9:07 pm
what is controllertakeovermode set to if its instant it may be the issue

Posted Wed 07 Aug 19 @ 10:01 pm
groovindj wrote :
Need more info...

What exactly are you doing to the files with PN? If you're "normalizing" them (to what setting?) then it's only to be expected that they'll play just below clipping in VDJ.

What do you mean by "normalizes as it should"? If you've done the normalizing in PN then there should be no need to normalize (i.e. auto gain) in VDJ, as you're just undoing what PN has done.

When you've run the files through PN, are you then analyzing them in VDJ? Do you always use PN first, then add to the VDJ database?

Why not turn off the normalize in PN and just use VDJ's autogain?

In PN I have it set to output volume -12.5 , I have it set to give me 1.5% headroom,

What do you mean by "normalizes as it should"? I mean it goes from clipping (or close to it) to playing at the "normalized" volume.
When you've run the files through PN, are you then analyzing them in VDJ? No
Do you always use PN first, then add to the VDJ database? Yes
Why not turn off the normalize in PN and just use VDJ's autogain? Because I only use VDJ for cocktail/dinner music. Serato is my main program.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 3:51 am
wickedmix wrote :
what is controllertakeovermode set to if its instant it may be the issue

I will check this out tomorrow and let you know the results.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 3:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)