Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 and Virtual DJ - setup questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,

I am going to use Pioneer DJ Mixer DJM-900NXS2 for a first time in one of my gigs and I would like some help on how to set this DJ Mixer up with Virtual DJ :

- first of all, I believe that this mixer has 2 sounds card so my question is, can I use one sound card for Master out from one computer and the 2nd sound card from the 2nd computer at the same time? So that way I can route sound from 2 computers (when needed) using USB cables from these 2 sound cards? No analog inputs into Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 whatsoever.

- what is the proper set-up for the above if at all feasible ? I will not be using any effects etc... just simply mixing tunes like wedding dj style i.e. fading songs one into another ?

- if the above is not feasible, can I use this Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 mixer as simply external analog mixer i.e. I will be feeding analog RCA signal from each of the 2 computers into the mixer , is that feasible ? And if so, I would simply attach respective RCA from each of the computer into respective channel on the mixer , right ?

- I was also told that this mixer has a very good sound processing and it makes music sound better, does this apply to digital USB connection only or will it process/improve sound from analog RCA inputs as well ? Mainly I am a digital DJ i.e. playing either mp3s or lossless digital tracks or via streaming services such as Spotify etc...

Thanks in advance for your help! I am sure that Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 is most likely an overkill for me but since I have an access to it, might as well use it to its full potential so if there are any tricks to be used please mention them as well.

Thanks,

K6

Posted Mon 24 Dec 18 @ 5:14 am
The user manual can be found here.

Posted Mon 24 Dec 18 @ 7:14 am
Wow, so much for posting a question on the forums :) Thanks groovindj! For the link to manuals!

I was hoping that in a few sentences this community would be able to answer questions that I have , saving me a bit of time to go through manuals which I don't think have my scenarios in the anyways!

Posted Mon 24 Dec 18 @ 8:58 pm
Saving you time? How long did it take you to type those six paragraphs?

I'm pretty sure it would've been far quicker for you to go straight to the Pioneer site. Your questions don't really concern VDJ at all.

If you can't be bothered to read the manual, then I can't be bothered to do it for you. Merry Christmas.

Posted Mon 24 Dec 18 @ 10:10 pm
I did go through the manual and through Pioneer site as well, so far no luck on finding out answers to my questions. I am going to use VDJ with this Pioneer Mixer so hoping that anyone within this community had face similar issues in a past and may provide answers ?

Thanks in advance. Merry Christmas everybody!

Posted Wed 26 Dec 18 @ 6:36 pm
Kotek6 wrote :
so far no luck

Seriously?!

Just looking at a picture of the front panel tells me that two computers can be connected and used at once - because each channel input has the option of selecting computer A or B as a source, and the general concept behind mixers or controllers with two USB ports is that you can connect two computers.

As for your question regarding using it as an external analogue mixer - well of course you can. It's a standalone mixer!

Posted Wed 26 Dec 18 @ 6:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)