Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-RB and VDJ8 - no sound through headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have Pioneer DDJ-RB controller and I'm using VDJ8 Infinity, HP Windows 10, 8GB laptop.

VDJ8 has recognised the controller/soundcard which is great. The problem is that I'm not able to hear audio through my headphones. I'm using the headphone through the controller and yes they do work. I've gone to settings - Audio Settings and the output options are;

Realtek High Definition Audio (WASAPI)
3-Pioneer DJ DDJ-RB (WASAPI)
DDJ-RB ASIO (ASIO)

You then have channel 1&2, 3&4 etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Posted Tue 04 Dec 18 @ 4:40 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I don't own one of these but can point you towards the VDJ hardware configuration page.

Did you follow these directions?

I would expect you'd have two output lines in your audio config, both with the Pioneer ASIO driver selected. Channels 1&2 would be your master out and 3&4 for headphones. Again, not having a DDJ-RB I can't be sure but try that. Someone else here may weigh in with better advice.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 18 @ 4:51 pm
Just click the special controller icon on the audio configuration page of settings

It will set the correct settings for you

Posted Tue 04 Dec 18 @ 5:46 pm
Firmware has been updated still no luck.

The control icon is more for the keyboard shortcuts. I've selected my controller to see if it makes a difference and it doesn't.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 18 @ 7:36 pm

Posted Tue 04 Dec 18 @ 10:48 pm
I didn't click USE SOUNDCARD. How do I have Virtual DJ prompt for this again, or how do I manually activate it?

Posted Sat 09 May 20 @ 12:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
search settings for "Notification"

clear this entry and restart vdj

Posted Sat 09 May 20 @ 1:02 am
.....or just manually set things the same as shown in the RB setup guide (and save).

Posted Sat 09 May 20 @ 8:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)