Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Live Skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

newmskiHome userMember since 2005
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way of swapping the Virtual DJ logo (within the middle of the spinning record as per the image uploaded) upon the Live Skin, to one of my own logos? I've managed to do this on the main Virtual DJ skin, but cannot seem to get the same result on the Live Skin.
Thanks in advance if anyone is able to point me in the right direction.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 12:03 pm
No, you cannot change it directly. However you can overlay your own image on top of it.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 6:36 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
No, you cannot change it directly. However you can overlay your own image on top of it.

Hi PhantomDeejay, no worries. Thanks for the reply. Which appplication / plug in should I opt for? There is the ShowLogo add-on, but only from what I can see, only has the option for one image at a time?

Thanks again for your help.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 8:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
More or less you ll need to do the same thing you did with the main skin. I suppose what you did was to add your logo image in the png of the skin, right ?
So from Settings->Interface->Video skins list, select the Live skin and then click on the "Edit skin" at the top-right. A subfolder "Live skin" will be created and then you need to ..
1. Open the XML and find the 2 x blocks that look like..
<logo circle="true" visibility="80%">
<pos x="+126-24" y="+126-24"/>
<size width="48" height="48"/>
</logo>

The width/height tells you how large your logo needs to be in the png.

2. Add your logo image somewhere in the png, apparently you ll need to add some height to the png, even though there may be some available space below the vertical blue/red lines (used for the rotation). Your logo image needs to be a circle of 48 pixels diameter..

3. In the xml search for the 2 x <logo blocks (nested in the 2 x jogwheel <groups) and replace them with ..
<visual >
<off x="A" y="B"/>
</visual>

Where A and B are the X,Y coordinates of your logo image in the png. E.g. if your logo is at 10,400, then x="10" y="400"
Do this for both logo blocks.

When done with the edits and save the files, you can then select the "Live skin (edit) " from the Video skins.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 5:06 am
djdad wrote :
More or less you ll need to do the same thing you did with the main skin. I suppose what you did was to add your logo image in the png of the skin, right ?
So from Settings->Interface->Video skins list, select the Live skin and then click on the "Edit skin" at the top-right. A subfolder "Live skin" will be created and then you need to ..
1. Open the XML and find the 2 x blocks that look like..
<logo circle="true" visibility="80%">
</logo>

The width/height tells you how large your logo needs to be in the png.

2. Add your logo image somewhere in the png, apparently you ll need to add some height to the png, even though there may be some available space below the vertical blue/red lines (used for the rotation). Your logo image needs to be a circle of 48 pixels diameter..

3. In the xml search for the 2 x <logo blocks (nested in the 2 x jogwheel <groups) and replace them with ..
<visual >
<off x="A" y="B"/>
</visual>

Where A and B are the X,Y coordinates of your logo image in the png. E.g. if your logo is at 10,400, then x="10" y="400"
Do this for both logo blocks.

When done with the edits and save the files, you can then select the "Live skin (edit) " from the Video skins.

Awesome, brilliant! Thank you DJDAD. Much apreciated. I'll give that a go this evening. Thanks again.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 5:42 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey DJDAD is there anyway to get the liveskin to show the Composer name instead of the artist and title?

Posted Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 10:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You will have to edit the Live skin XML.
Search for "get_artist"
You will find actions like get_artist_before_feat, get_featuring_after_artist, get_remix_after_title etc
Replace any of those with ... get_loaded_song 'composer' ... to get the Composer field
You can use get_loaded_song 'fieldname' to get any other field you want from the loaded track. e.g. get_loaded_song 'Label'

Posted Sun 09 Dec 18 @ 10:59 am
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I figured it out already but thank you for responding. VDJ community is the best!

Posted Sun 09 Dec 18 @ 7:45 pm
Hi guys there is a way to delete the actions.
I don't want show if i loop if i iuse mid bass treble etc.
It's is possible?
thanks

Posted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 11:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)