Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Version of default skin with alternative graphics - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
The default skin offers everything you need to use Virtual DJ to it’s full potential so I thought I would give it some graphic updates it feels more 3D Now. Done some custom update’s too buttons, sliders, knobs and jog wheels.
Still learning my way round the new skin engine so nothing has been changed in the XML.

Stephane development team sees this post I hope the future versions of the software will include a skin editor directly built into the software.

Would make it so much easier for creating skins. And as you can now download skins directly from the software a skin creator directly built-in would be amazing and probably would encourage more users to create skins.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 3:25 pm
Still have a little bit of work to do so skin not available just yet would like some feedback and would you guys like this to be available for download .

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 3:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The "3D-Look" is not considered modern or "fresh" anymore. The trend is the flat/sleek graphics, dark background, carefully chosen but still limited colors, icons instead of texts that don't need translations etc. So if Team will ever decide to update the default skin, it would probably be to that direction and not the "3D" one.

Regarding a Skin creation Tool, i have already started such an application, should have started long time ago to be honest, its going well, but really no ETA at this moment.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 3:51 pm
You may be part of management I remember you back in the day. So what you are saying as you don’t like what I am doing That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it it’s personal preference . Mix lab Is still going strong after 10 years . So if everyone likes the flat look why is that skin still popular ?

And maybe 3D is the wrong word to use . Let’s leave the uses to decide if what I am doing they like . Like I said I have done this for my own personal .

Skin creator
I feel it would be better if it was implemented directly into the program as it would in courage more people to create skins specially if it was made simple . As that seems to be what I’m reading around the pro forum on Facebook. It’s just an idea i’m just a user no one important . There used to be a skin creator back in the day that worked great it’s a shame that user is no longer around as it stopped working for me .

But for Stefon to contact me when I first came back to the forums must mean he appreciated the work are used to do . And the only reason I stopped its due to the company I was working full and there was a conflict and interest . I know longer work there now so I am free to do what I like.

Let’s leave for users to decide if I’m wasting my time making this public . As you clearly think I am

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 5:52 pm
I know a lot of people who don't use VDJ. Number one reason is that they don't like the look of it.

I will just leave that there.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 5:57 pm
Yeah, people also say they don't like any of the skins! Presumably they just want it to look like Traktor/Serato...

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 6:08 pm
Well if that's what pleases people then why not?

Image selling works very well for Apple.......

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 6:15 pm
DJ FORMAT wrote :
You may be part of management I remember you back in the day. So what you are saying as you don’t like what I am doing That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it it’s personal preference .

I never said that, i didnt comment on your skin neither said if i liked it or not, just expressed my opinion on how the most recent GUIs or other applications look in nowadays.
As a member of Atomix Productions i rarely express personal opinions, especially when i know as a skiner that it takes a lot of efforts and time to create something, so fearing that i may be miss-understood, i will leave you getting the feedback you need without further comments.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 6:48 pm
Like I say mix lab was the creation I did back in 2007. And I still get people asking me now to do work to it I believe another user made it compatible version eight . And it did not have the flat look . Like I said it should be allowed to be personal preference . That’s why virtual allow you to create your own skins . The problem is Virtual DJ now it’s such a pro piece of software. And the original look back in the day is what made me start designing graphics for it. And I often see it being used in videos on YouTube. . And to be fair what made me start tweaking around with the default skin is people saying they hate the platters but one thing led to another . But to be fair the default skin is way better than it used to be back in the day . I just wanted to create a variation and my take on it without being criticised and four management to criticise says it all really . Mind you it’s just one person . The main guy that designed the software is all I need to worry about . And he has already welcome me be back so obviously he appreciated the work i used to do.

Another reason why if its skin creator or editor was built directly into the software it would give the user the opportunity to customise to their taste even the option to switch job wheels off as that seems to be the main sticking point

Maybe the option instead of having a job wheels . DJs could upload their own graphics logo et cetera and it would interact with the music .

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 6:58 pm
Please refrain from editing other's posts. I just deleted a part you added in my post that looked like it was written from me. Thank you

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 7:07 pm
djdad wrote :
Please refrain from editing other's posts. I just deleted a part you added in my post that looked like it was written from me. Thank you

I did not edit it anyone’s post if I did it was done by mistake as I quoted you on something. I’m using my iPhone and I’m sure I clicked on the Quote. Maybe I was wrong but these two icons are extremely close to each other . I did not check above to see all I know is that your message was also in with mine . But now I see the “underneath your original message . Apologise if I did I have no need to edit anything .

I have just looked into it and it is possible that I may have done it but it was unintentional this is how close they are on an iPhone

My finger covers both of them at the same time .

Thank you for making me aware though I won’t use my iPhone in future it’s just that’s where I dictate from

Posted Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 7:55 pm
Update 2 Pro Skin

Posted Sat 10 Nov 18 @ 11:17 am
leneerPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2014

Super sense of technology

Posted Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 3:17 am
me likey. would definitely be interested in playing with that one

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 5:52 am

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 6:50 am
leneerPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2014

You have a strong sense of art,Very cool!!
There's a sense of extraterrestrial technology,I can't wait to use it.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 7:33 am
DJKichosPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006

It's good to see you here friend, your skin is very good, you need more skin like the ones you know how to do.

The truth is that there are no creators, good like you and DJ Fandos from Argentina.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 2:16 am

Posted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 7:18 am
DJKichos wrote :

The truth is that there are no creators, good like you and DJ Fandos from Argentina.

That’s a lie......

There’s a lot of good skin builders here!!

Let’s see there’s Bob, Dan, Phantom (who has the best skins all around) and many more.

This skin looks just like the stock skin except he’s changed the graphics......

Posted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 3:09 pm
UPDATE 5

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 12:44 pm
43%