Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ audio stutters after extended use

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,
I'm posting this on behalf of a company that manages a fleet of around 30 laptops, each running their own copy/license of VDJ. Not all of the laptops were purchased at the same time, so naturally some of them are different models than others, though they all run Windows 10. Each laptop is connected to a Native Instruments Traktor Audio 2 which then goes to an external mixer. VDJ is often running for several hours at a time. Typical procedure is to power on the laptop after connecting it to the Traktor, login, launch VDJ, and recurse the music directory/add to search DB. No other software is running.

What's been happening is that on some of our laptops, Virtual DJ 8 (we take updates whenever prompted so assume latest version) will work fine for a while (at least 1 to 2 hours) and then will abruptly stutter during playback. It sounds like it would if you were to turn on the loop function when set to 1/32 beat. It doesn't seem to be caused by any direct action (I've had it happen on automix when I wasn't even touching the system), and to my knowledge it hasn't ever happened less than an hour or two into a session (I've had it happen twice to me, but others have been experiencing it as well). Both times I've had it happen, I reacted by immediately turning down the faders on the mixer and closing VDJ before reopening it. It would then work fine for the rest of the session. Luckily for me it's happened only during points where I can afford to have it happen, but there are some mission critical points during my job at which I absolutely cannot have this.

The weird thing about this issue is that it seems to be happening mostly on our newest batch of laptops, which are the most powerful ones we have (with Core i7 CPUs and 8GB of RAM). All of our laptops, though different models, should (in theory) be configured exactly the same, which is why I'm so confused by this point. We've tried changing Traktor settings as well as setting VDJ to high priority in Task Manager, but we're still having this issue. Is this a known problem, and if so, is there a fix for it? Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 1:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)