Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Script to assign buttons to Toggle or trigger between Hot cues and Cue Scratch Pads VDJ 2018

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello, I have a Numark Ns6 and I am looking to assign a button to activate cue scratch pads with the VDJ2018 upgrade. By default NS6 buttons come on assigned to hot-cues and I was looking to use a free button e.g. Pitch bend + to activate Cue scratch & Pitch bend - to activate default hot-cues (looking to use the pitch buttons because I really never use them). I got some help and it was suggested to use a script that has both hot-cues and cue scratch commands so the same button can alternate btw two functions. Would you be able to help me write scripts that will activate each pad set and also those that will be assigned to each pad e.g Pad 1 and i can use the same to replicate the rest? I am pretty green to the vdj script language and I have hit a wall with this. Thanks for your time!

Posted Wed 24 Oct 18 @ 7:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Assign the PitchBend+ button as ..
pad_page 'scratch' & toggle 'hcscratch'

or if you want see the Hotcues page when the HC buttons are not doing scatch routines, ..
 toggle 'hcscratch' & var 'hcscratch' ? pad_page 'scratch' : pad_page 'hotcues'

then each Hotcue button needs to be mapped as..
var 'hcscratch' ? pad X : shift ? delete_cue X : hot_cue X

where X is the number of button/hotcue you will see in the original/default script.

Posted Wed 24 Oct 18 @ 8:02 pm
Thank you, i will give this a go and let you know how it turned out. many thanks!!

Posted Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 3:20 pm
Thank You! Thank you! Thank you! DJDDad, you are a life saver!!!! These work flawless and exactly what I was looking to do. Much appreciated!!!

Posted Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 12:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)