Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SX3 Problem Sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ GDWPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello people, have the following problem

Pioneer DDJ-SX3 loses after about 10 minutes for the sound signal to the amplifiers and thus you can no longer hear on the sound system. The whole spook lasts about 5 - 10 seconds then the sound comes back or in the worst case restart the song.
Have you heard of this problem from other DJs?
My LapTop is:
ASUS GL752V
CPU: i7-6700HQ
RAM: 8GB DDR4
VDJ 2018 V = 8.3 b4592

Posted Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 2:02 pm
DJ SWIDPRO InfinityMember since 2009
do you know that there was a recall for the sx3 ?

Posted Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 9:12 pm
DJ SWID wrote :
do you know that there was a recall for the sx3 ?

My SX3 was produced in July and does not affect the recall for the April production which was recalled .

Posted Tue 16 Oct 18 @ 9:35 am
Have you tried to reproduce this at home? Using a power adapter for the controller? Check the power input (setting up every night), mine went on my Pioneer RMX 1000. Are you using a USB hub, have you checked your USB cable?

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 8:01 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Have you tried to reproduce this at home? Using a power adapter for the controller? Check the power input (setting up every night), mine went on my Pioneer RMX 1000. Are you using a USB hub, have you checked your USB cable?

Cable all right and the power adapter is also original

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 4:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
While this happens, did you notice if there was any activity on the SX3 VU meters ?
Did VirtualDJ continue to play track (waveforms were moving, VDJ VU meters showing activity etc ) ?

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 5:14 pm
djdad wrote :
While this happens, did you notice if there was any activity on the SX3 VU meters ?
Did VirtualDJ continue to play track (waveforms were moving, VDJ VU meters showing activity etc ) ?

yes VDJ has continued to work normally and after about 10 seconds was again the sound to the amplifier Main / Master and Booth Monitor then works for 4 Hours perfect

Posted Tue 23 Oct 18 @ 10:24 am
So ....after a new test and consultation with the German PIONEERSERVICECENTER .... there it is actually so when I'm at home and sometimes with the SX3 make a few new mixes for me, the laptop is usually synonymous online ..... there After a few minutes, the sound will be gone for a few seconds and then it will be back and no further sound loss for the next few hours, no matter how long I work on it .... while the software and the SX3 continue like if nothing was, so the LED will continue to flash in time and the music will then be at the current point again .... so the piece of music is then quite normal.
This behavior is the same with the S ***** software and I guess T ****** too.
But when I play in the club and the computer has no online connection, I can work 8 hours straight without a loss of sound.
It's a very strange thing.
On Monday I have an appointment with the PIONEERSERVICECENTER and then we'll see what's wrong.
Will then report again

Posted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 11:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)