Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to lock your settings on your controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Numark Mixtrack Platinum. This controller is a 4-deck and when I load VDJ only the first two decks settings are loaded. Is there any way to save your settings on all 4decks so that I don't have to reset them again?

Posted Sat 07 Jul 18 @ 8:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It should just save to the last setting,
if you're using the default skin add this script to your keyboard ONINIT mapping

switch_skin_variation "4 Decks"

Posted Sat 07 Jul 18 @ 8:57 pm
Thank you for replying. Where exactly is that script located. I went into the options page and didn't find it.

Posted Sat 07 Jul 18 @ 9:58 pm
I found it.

Posted Sat 07 Jul 18 @ 10:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Dont follow you. If you change the skin to the 4 Decks (either from the VDJ Settings->Interface tab or from the top Layout menu), then next time you open VirtualDJ it should load that skin.
Are you using some custom skin or the default one ?
The controller in its default mapping doesnt force any skin, so if the above is not the case for you, then you have a permissions issue in your computer, so settings.xml is not properly saved in documents/VirtualDJ folder, and other settings are probably not saved, e.g. if you add a Column/Field in Browser and restart VDJ , its there ?

Posted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 3:29 am
Thanks djdad, after playing around with it I figured it out. Yes I'm using a custom skin and had to go to the VDJ folder to grant it the permission it needed.

Posted Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 7:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)