Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: not sure what to title this. a startup hang maybe?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

anyone have any idea what could cause this one? have had a number of times where I would click icon in start menu or desktop where vdj wouldn't open or show nothing in taskbar but was showing as running in Background Processes

if I 'end task' and restart it starts up right away and is back to how it was since last time it loaded.

Posted Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 7:49 pm
and happened again. first time it's happened twice in one day that I can remember
says running in Processes and Details... but still not loading

both of these dmp files are from today.

Posted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 12:49 am
after trying again and it not starting I downloaded and installed b4459 again and it started right up. will see if that was the fix needed. fingers crossed.

Posted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 1:02 am
still happening. the only way I can get it to open is end task in task manager and then it will start

is this my computer or something that happened in virtualdj?

Posted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 7:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Try to rename your VirtualDJ\Plugins folder perhaps to see if it's caused by any plugin?

Posted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 8:31 pm
renamed Plugins folder to Plugins1.
same result.
haven't added any plugins except a couple of the new video skins to see how they looked in practice

Posted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 9:55 pm
soo... after renaming the plugin folder didn't work, hit End Task again. then it started up. I opened Options, deleted the video skins I had downloaded, closed virtualdj and now it opens every time, and even after deleting default plugin folder and renaming Plugin1 back to Plugin it opens nice and quick.

so i'm stumped as for cause.

Posted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 10:30 pm
You're not the only one, here's the same problem. If you search on "taskmanager", you'll see more discussions about this problem. Yes, you can kill the process but that is only a work around.I think this is supposed to be taken seriously.

Posted Fri 06 Jul 18 @ 4:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)