Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Comment Field - Tag Editor make longer ????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Past/older builds you were able to view multiple lines in tag editor. Is there anyway to get this back? Yes, you can switch it to scrolling but it takes forever. Tag Editor you can not scroll to see multiple lines. How do people list Medleys if you want to mix in on a break, or if you just have long notes that don't fit - scrolling takes forever, smart fit - doesn't always work.

Example - Various Artists - I Love Rock & Roll (The Medley) [Ultimix]
I want to enter the following in the comment field

Intro: (Vocal-32) 97 BPM
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts — I Love Rock & Roll
AC/DC — Back In Black
Billy Squire — The Stroke
Break 1: (32) 97 BPM
Lynard Skynard — Sweet Home Alabama
Aerosmith — Sweet Emotion
Queen — We Will Rock You
John Cougar Mellencamp — Jack And Diane
Break 2: (32) 97 BPM

maybe a simple addon - anybody please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sun 03 Jun 18 @ 9:30 pm
Any suggestions?

Posted Tue 05 Jun 18 @ 11:17 pm
We all have different methods of viewing our libraries. I for one use as less info as possible. For one, the medley you listed, why do you need the artist names listed? I don't know how long you have been doing this, but I don't need the artist names of these classic rock tracks. I also own all of the individual tracks, so would not need to access one from this medley. I have many medleys that I have not listed any track info at all. I'm not concerned about tag info, delete a lot of remix info, and most medleys get played once or twice. I only use genre for foreign music, as in Russian, Albanian, etc. Why do I have to input rock, for an AC/DC track? This obviously will not work for you, but this is some of the things I do, to fit relevant information that I need to play.

So if you want to see relevant info, drop the artist names to start.

Posted Wed 06 Jun 18 @ 9:21 am
Personally on medleys and megamixes I drop hotcue points on every song and I fill the title of the song as the cue name

Posted Wed 06 Jun 18 @ 12:46 pm
That's an excellent idea!

Posted Wed 06 Jun 18 @ 6:23 pm
I have been djing for years. I have a very extensive library. I own over 2000 cd's (6Tbs of videos, music). I have countless medleys and mixes and am making a lot - I set cue points but sometimes if something doesn't work I want to mix out - would like to know points where to mix out.
Remember the days when we could look at Ultimix, Xmix, street tracks, and see all the breaks.

The point being, in VDJ you use to be able to scroll through on the tag editor - very easily. Plus if I have another person mixing for me they might not know the points, so it could be helpful to them.

Previous builds could let you, when did it change?

Posted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 1:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)