Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: American audio 19mxr Sampler playback

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys.

Not exactly a newby but easilylost when it comes to audio config: VDJ 8 on my desktop will let me hear samples playing even when volume on decks 1 & 2 are off. When using my AA 19mxr samples are ony heard when decks 1 & 2 volume is up. Can I get samples out to master, then control their volume via the pads, on the 19mxr. If there is solution, keep it simple for me if poss!!!

Many thanks

Posted Mon 05 Mar 18 @ 12:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sampler can be routed to Master, specific Deck or specific Sampler output.
When your Audio setup is set as Master & Headphones, Sampler is by default output through the same audio channels as the Master.
When your Audio setup is set as Ext Mixer (deck 1, deck 2, etc) then Sampler is output to all chans that the decks are using as output. If all channels volumes are down, sampler wont go out.
One way is to "sacrifice" a Mixer channel (actually a USB Audio interface pair of channels) and have it as the Sampler Output..In this case, if deck 4 is using out chansl 7,8, then you should replace that line with .. sampler (instead of deck 4)... sound-card... chans 7.8

Which of the 2 operation modes are you using http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/americanaudio/19mxr/installation.html ?
In "Mixer" mode (with ext mixer setup), unfortunately, you dont have a spare pair of channels to use, as the Audio Interface only provides 2 outputs (for deck 1 and deck 2), leaving the other 2 Mixer channels to be used from ext sources.

Solution : Its only the "Controller" mode that can be used in your case and probably assign one of the decks to be your Sampler Output .. like this...

.. and control the Sampler Volume with the Mixer fader of the Deck that you 've chosen above.

Posted Mon 05 Mar 18 @ 1:46 pm
Thanks a lot, I'll try that the next chance I get. I presume it's simply a matter of changing to 4-deck option, or are there other changes to make for correct output?

Posted Mon 05 Mar 18 @ 5:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)