Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Would've been much simpler and more appealing to me if Pioneer had simply used hardware fx throughout but to clarify, If Serato/Virtual DJ is running some decks over usb but say deck 4 is connected to a CDJ would hardware FX be available to deck 4?

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 11:29 am
1) The unit doesn't work with Serato
2) The unit works with Rekordbox
3) No, as long as Rekordbox (or VirtualDJ) is connected on the USB port(s) the effects for hardware channels are SOFTWARE. That's the way Pioneer designed the unit and VirtualDJ can do nothing about it.

In short: Hardware effects are available on Pioneer DDJ-1000 on analog inputs ONLY if there's no application connected and running on it's USB ports. That's due to Firmware limitations. If a software is running then effects are software even for the analog inputs

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 12:28 pm
Possibly Pioneer could/would change the firmware in future if enough owners complained...

I wouldn't mind betting that most people who look at the DDJ-1000 assume the FX are hardware. Even on their web site, it says the FX are "from the DJM series mixers" and there's no mention of them being in software when used with a computer.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 6:55 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Are the VU meters for each channel hardware or a reflection of the level in software? I've noticed that level matching via the VU's isn't very accurate.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 7:08 pm
It's MIDI controlled for digital sources, hardware for analog ones.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 7:10 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
It's MIDI controlled for digital sources, hardware for analog ones.

Strange, auto-gain is generally fairly acccurate, yet the readouts on the channels VU's are far apart. Even after making manual adjustments....

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 7:29 pm
Yes. Autogain works on RMS volume, VU's work on peak. Therefore it makes total sense that they are different

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 7:33 pm

Testing both soundcards, one is main laptop. one is backup and for requests.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 10:30 pm

^ I wonder if anyone will be able to spot a DJ behind those laptops lol

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 10:37 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Yes. Autogain works on RMS volume, VU's work on peak. Therefore it makes total sense that they are different

I thought you might say something like that, thanks for clarifying.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 10:38 pm
bagpuss wrote :

^ I wonder if anyone will be able to spot a DJ behind those laptops lol

LOL heres my old set up, i'm not THAT short

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 11:11 pm
I prefer to keep any laptop(s) to one side...

Posted Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 6:50 am
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Does VDJ have full integration with the DDJ-1000 at this point?

Do the jog wheel BPM, time, etc. sync with VDJ?

Thanks!!

Chris

Posted Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 5:06 pm

Posted Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 5:11 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
wickedmix wrote :

OFFICIAL support means everything possible works
but you can confirm everything you want to work works here -> https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj1000.html

I figured, but I thought I would ask and make sure. :)

Typically I have two controller/audio interfaces, two laptops, a mixer, main amp, & sub amp.

1. There is obviously no dedicated sub out, so what would you guys do if you were trying to eliminate my extra mixer?
2. How seamless is the USB 1 and USB 2 handoff if I have a laptop freeze up?

Thanks!!
Chris

Posted Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 5:33 pm
So.........your mixer (make/model?) has a dedicated sub out, that you're using to feed your sub amp separately to your main amp?

If that's the case then you need to purchase an active crossover to go between the output of your controller and the amps (e.g. DBX 234 or 223XS).

The crossover will do the splitting of signals into low/high or low/mid/high to feed each amp separately.

Posted Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 6:06 pm
if you do not normally use the booth output you can feed your subs with that as well but groovins suggestion is probably a better choice.

Posted Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 6:18 pm
wickedmix wrote :
ifeed your subs with that

But that would be a full range signal, so unless his amp has got filters for that kind of stuff, he'll need a crossover.

Maybe there's low pass filters in the subs, but as he hasn't said what they are...

Posted Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 6:28 pm
gmedia wrote :

2. How seamless is the USB 1 and USB 2 handoff if I have a laptop freeze up?

Actually Pioneer made it easier on DDJ-1000 than all other controllers that support this (SZ, SZ2, RZ, RZX)
You just flip the SOURCE switcher on top of the mixer section to the USB port you wish to control.
Also with the DDJ-1000 way of DUAL USB you CAN mix right side and left side on the same PC while still using 2 computers at the same time.
In other words you can use DECK1 & DECK2 on USB A and DECK3 & DECK4 on USB B.
This was not possible before as the USB buttons on previous models would assign the hole "side" of the controller to one USB port.

In short, USB assignment on DDJ-1000 is "per deck" while on previous models it was "per side"

Posted Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 7:19 am
Anybody else experience a tiny hiss sound in the earphones when no music is playing?
this same problem has been brought up over at the pioneer dj forum by a few members.

Posted Thu 19 Apr 18 @ 10:48 am
86%