Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stereo to Mono Splitter option does not split output properly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This has been resolved.

I took a closer look at the Realtek driver settings and although there were no "sound effects" activated, when I clicked to Disable All Sound Effects I got fully separated outs from VDJ. Apparently Realtek does some stereo processing even if you don't have any enhancements turned on.

Windows 10 / VDJ 8.2

Here are my settings:

Testing in VDJ with a regular pair of headphones and no splitter cable, I would expect to hear Master in my left ear, Cue in my right. Instead both Master and Cue/Headphone go to both sides.

Again, testing with a set of stereo headphones, Master sounds louder on the left, Cue sounds louder on the right, but both are coming through on both sides. The master itself sounds degraded/lo-fi?

If you Cue the playing track while listening to the Master it sounds like you have an actual mono signal.

I have tested this on 3 different machines now with the same results. My audio device does not have any processing turned on. It seems like VDJ is not splitting the signal correctly to each output.

Please advise!

Posted Wed 27 Dec 17 @ 9:42 pm
keep in mind not all spliter cables are created equally and correctly .. i have one that just doesn't work and my other works fine cant remember the brands got em long ago.

Posted Wed 27 Dec 17 @ 11:33 pm
It turns out all Realtek drivers are not created equal. The one on our desktop here has the option to 'Disable All Sound Effects,' I've also seen it called Enhancements. The one on our laptops do not have that option so apparently there is no way to turn off whatever processing the Realtek driver does without telling you. In that case you have to revert to the basic, class compliant driver from Microsoft, not the driver from Realtek which gets installed automatically. If anyone needs to do this, here are instructions:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/matthew_van_eerde/2010/08/23/troubleshooting-how-to-install-the-microsoft-hd-audio-class-driver/

Posted Fri 29 Dec 17 @ 6:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)