Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: High Pitched Noise

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, for a couple of months now I'm getting a random high pitched screeching sound coming through the speakers when playing tracks. It comes on randomly, sometimes after an hour, sometime two and sometimes not at all. If i shut down laptop and restart VDJ then all ok. But then it may happen again. This has happened at different venues using different decks, different speakers etc. The only common factor is my Macbook pro and VDJ8. Never had this with VDJ7. It's happened with Macbook power lead not in use so nothing to do with that and Macbook not reaching critical temps whilst it happens. Friend last night who has a bit of an idea of sound systems suggested it was software problem and reckons it sounded like a latency problem.
Has anyone got any ideas on what this might be and how to stop it happening as its starting to get embarrassing now. Many thanks.

Posted Sat 23 Dec 17 @ 1:45 pm
increase latency and see if it goes away....... preferably at home.

Posted Sat 23 Dec 17 @ 2:54 pm
Thank you, how do i do that? It never happens at home by the way.

Posted Sat 23 Dec 17 @ 3:26 pm
depends on what audio interface you are using .. some you do it in the interface driver setting some you do it inside virtual DJ settings.

if it never happens at home you may want to consider what is different between at home and at the venues you are spinning at and you may find the issue.. maybe not latency unless you are using different sound interfaces at these venues.

Posted Sat 23 Dec 17 @ 3:29 pm
At home i don't use an audio interface, just VDJ headphone out from laptop direct to speaker. When out i either use Numark Omnicontroller or Numark Mixdeck and it's happened with both of those

Posted Sat 23 Dec 17 @ 5:28 pm
it sounds like a RCA wire issue to me are you using the same wire at both venues I would check that.

Posted Wed 27 Dec 17 @ 4:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)