Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sample Stutter-Pitched behaves as Stutter-Sync lock

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Hello,
The level Virtual DJ 8.2 is, in my opinion is very high. I don't know why people still using other DJ programs with less options and quality.
Thank you team for your excellent work.
Still I have a problem since many builds (unfortunately I can't recall since when).
I'm having a Sample with the Options Stutter, Pitched and of course loop, so that I can play this as a background to songs (mostly drums).
When I'm playing the Sample alone (without any music on master) it behaves normally, as soon as I push the button it plays from the begininng.
But if I try to Stutter it over a song every time I push the button it tries to Sync with the Beat of the song.
A time ago i could do a fade-in effect pushing quickly the button so I can play the first beat of the sample as many times i want between 2 beats of the master song.
Now it's impossible, because the sample tries to Sync it's first beat with the next beat of the song (as Sync lock).
I think it's wrong because there is the Sync-Lock option for that case.
I hope, I made my problem clear...

Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 4:09 pm
if quantizeloop is on i would assume it is quantizing to what ever globalquantize is set to if that is 1 beat then its going to just sync it up.

try globalquantize to 1/16 or 1/8 beat see if that helps.

just remember the smaller you make this setting the more precise you will have to start a track to have it on sync.

Posted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 5:05 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
quantizeloop is already off. I tried to lower the globalquantize value but it doesn't affect anything on my problem.

Thanks for your try :)
wickedmix wrote :
if quantizeloop is on i would assume it is quantizing to what ever globalquantize is set to if that is 1 beat then its going to just sync it up.

try globalquantize to 1/16 or 1/8 beat see if that helps.

just remember the smaller you make this setting the more precise you will have to start a track to have it on sync.

Posted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 5:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Was indeed a bug, and will be fixed in next update

Posted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 5:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)