Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Atomix better the Vdj?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,
Been using Vdj for a couple o' weeks now and i can't seem to get the same sort of smooth mix that I can with Atomix. Vdj can't seem to get the beats close enough and/or keep them there.

InterestinG

later,
Liam

Posted Tue 21 Oct 03 @ 6:58 pm
KayleHome userMember since 2003
I totally disagree, VDj is far better !

Posted Tue 21 Oct 03 @ 7:06 pm
I agree, that is why I suggest the user have the option of locking onto the beat waveform as in AtomixMP3 or the CGB as in Virtual DJ. I know you can sync on the beats, but the ability to lock it in over a long mix would be helpful as manytime the two don't coincide.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 03 @ 7:45 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't know. I think it's far and away better. It is what it is. Sometimes you can use the beat lock, and sometimes you do it manually. The more you use it the better you know which way to go.
I liked Atomixmp3 a lot... but VDJ is definately the superior working software for a DJ.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 03 @ 8:28 pm
I AGREE, I think VirtualDJ IS the superior program. All I am saying is that I think it could be tweeked alittle. Since I have been a user of both and have interacted with the team members regarding various issues...I have NO doubt that the program will evolve to being the best of the best. Trust me I have tried the other programs (tractor, etc) and they ALL leave you wanting something better.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 03 @ 9:24 pm
I dont know if this is just my comp or what but... if u turn off timestretch the waveforms seem to mix smoother than with it on..

Maybe just ma comp..

Storm

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 1:34 am
I've been trying to make a cd for a mate of mine....made it with Vdj and wasn't happy during making it but it didn't sound too bad on playback. When I used faithfull Atomix it was well sweet, although I couldn't see where tunes i wasn't familiar with were going to break. small penalty.

I do tink that in the long run Vdj will reign supreme - tis only a baby at the mo'. Cha'mone mo fo!

Tests continue in Ireland somewhere!

later,
Liam

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 4:38 pm
in the begging i was thinking the same.but after working with it a lot i figure out that its better for the main reason that you can edit your vdj with shortcuts as you want .I mean you can set nudge as much as you want and that temporary function on the shortcuts is really helpfull.You have to search it a little.About beatlock i am not using it ...or i can say that i am rare using it.I trust my ears and my eyes more and i am not feeling ok when i put it in "auto pilot" lol.with the first opening of virtualdj you can feel that is "harder" than the atomix.i am not talking about difficult i am talking about the feeling that it gives you.its better to say it gives you the feeling that is not soft for transtions or even better,its not so "sweat":).thats somehow true.but if you tweak it in shortcuts you will get excactly what you want belive me you can make it as sweet as atomixmp3 with even more functions.When i will finish with tweaking in shortcuts i will post my shortcuts file so people to d/l.But the best is to make it by yourself.It looks rigit but you can tweak it in flexible:)you just have to jockey it:)

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 5:46 pm
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
I have been using Atomix for over a year for all kinds of parties and weddings and I love it. I just found this place and have downloaded the demo.

I'd be really interested in what you guys think is the "killer feature" that VDJ has over Atomix.

Can't wait to get playing with the demo tonight.

Cheers,

Jack (who doesn't have his Atomix serial number handy)

Posted Tue 13 Apr 04 @ 9:19 am
KRAWLINHome userMember since 2004
Vdj is far better buy far take some drugs man and you'll find out

Posted Sat 15 May 04 @ 12:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)