Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: sound crackle win xp

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

getting a horrible sound crackle from onboard sound card and partymix sound card. im using windows xp sp3 can anyone please help

Posted Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 5:25 am
Time for an upgrade !

It's probably due to the pc specs being on the low side, Windows xp is no longer supported by Microsoft

Is the cpu meter peaking ?

You could try the pc optimizer, i think you can find it in the hardware support forum

Posted Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 11:21 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
That's a nice little experiment.

I'd suggest trying asio4all.

No Internet..no antivirus software, no windows update service..in fact disable a lot of the redundant Microsoft services.

Disable demanding graphic options in vdj8.2, for example use mono scratch waves and disable covers.

Maybe run 16bit Windows graphics.

Don't expect to do video..but maybe mp3+g karaoke will be possible.

But as Sureview says..an upgrade may due.

Note: If the computer is not connected to the Internet then there is no need to worry about the lack of Microsoft support.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 9:32 pm
Blessings for the insights. Im going to try that. Its far cheaper than buying a new laptop! But eventually, that is my plan....big ups!

Posted Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 10:11 pm
I think it's important to take two laptops on a gig. Eventually this laptop will make a good backup. I don't think it's sensible to take two top of the range laptops..one is more than enough.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 11:26 pm
In your opinion what is the stand alone badass rig for audio performance & production? Just curious .

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 12:28 am
stand alone badass rig for audio performance & production?

Locodog's heavyweight, and frugal approach impresses me..he amongst other things uses older but quality Peavey Hysis 215xt bass bins with suitably matched power amps. This is just a part of his pa..I know of nobody on this forum who could match the raw power of his mobile system.

I don't know much about production..the best I've done is a few crap remixes and a set of drum samples using Ableton and other software.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 12:41 am
Locodogs? Is that a laptop? Im familiar w/ peavey but i was speaking about just laptops......ima look into it! Ups bro!

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 12:49 am
LOL I don't mind admiring Locodog's approach to pa systems.

I'm not really into bad ass laptops..as long as they respond to what I demand then that's good enough.
So..most i5's and i7's, a minimum of 8Gb's of ram, and 1000Gb's hdd is enough for my needs.

It surprises me..but I'm a big Windows 10 Pro fanboy.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 12:59 am
10-4 roger that!

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 1:13 am
Iself use a Toshiba m40X Satellite Win XP Pro Sp3 Notebook with VDJ 7.4.7 LE / Home free / Pro Basic / Pro Full Version and with the VDJ 8.2 Pro Infinity (last Early Access Buildt 3761 and have no Problems with the Sound.

Works too with my American Audio VMS2 and Reloop Play Soundcard and my Mobile Disco PA Equipment

My System:
Toshiba M40X mit Win XP Pro Version 2002 Sp3
Intel pentium M prozessor 1,60 GHz
1,5 GB RAM
Mobile intel 915 GM Grafikkarte

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 6:55 am
Ok right on bro, thats what i was getting at but didn't want to come off all nosy! Well more than usual anyway. But kinda difficult to 'fly blind' i always seem to grab the wrong gear just outta spec. So im trying a different reproach! Being super frugal doesn't help. Hey i appreciate all the insight. Very cool. Im gonna look into that gear. I credit the helping minds that really have a lot of knowledge to offer the ignorant and less fortunate. Big up and blessings on your journey towards righteousness through the path of enlightenment and music!

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 7:16 am
Turn the skin frame rate down as well, it won't look as good , but if your struggling for cpu cycles which i think may be your problem , this will help, older laptops tended to have very basic graphics controllers as they were designed for office tasks , it's been one of the fundamental changes over the last few years , much better graphics in the mobile platforms .

My backup to my backup (never seem to get rid of old laptops lol) struggles with v8 , but is still very usable with vdj 7

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 8:06 am
Ahh i was considering v.7 and its an inspiron mini 1012. Exactly all office apps and very proprietary. And limited access to hardware and no way to adjust ram or dma or processor. But hey beggers cant be choosers, right? And also latency? Wth is that located exactly? Lol anyway. ....im going blind, eyes bleeding and friends an family ready to walk out lmao crackling overwrought endeavor! ):

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 8:50 am
Which Soundcards do you use ?

Have you ultralatency in VDJ / Options out ?
I must this make,or i have on all my Systems Soundproblems.

Have you Audio optimize your PC / Notebook ?
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Optimize.html

Intel or AMD Chip ?

Do you use VDJ 7 or VDJ 8 and which Buildt Nr.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 10:38 am
Realtek audio
Ultra latency no cant locate..
Im audio optimizing as we speak.
Intel
V8.2 vdj

If that is what you're asking. Lol forgive my ignorance *
Let me know still no remedy!

Posted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 2:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)