Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: improve sound quality - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ron, do me a favor and stop posting more than 2 post consecutively, as per forum rules. You have done this on many occasions, and it has been overlooked by all of us. However, you have violated it in this thread, and it is getting to be offensive. Please stick to the forum rules, like the rest of us.

I asked this earlier, why not use the sound card from the Behringer mixer, as it should provide better options than the headphone jack from your computer. Are you using Y jacks from the headphone output?

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 9:21 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

@bigron1... I never tell you sale speakers, sorry but your assumption is wrong. Debate on speakers is not the question here either but IMPROVE SOUND QUALITY, and for what the user type, the weakness part on his audio chain is the sound card. There is also weakness on the mixer and the speakers (there would be always a better quality products), but the main thing here is on the sound card. There is no way a internal computer sound card gives a professional grade sound, so this is the very first step to look for. There isn't about broken or faulty parts, but on what the user ask. a few of us were leading this user to the SOUND CARD and the configuration he may use to improve his audio.

STAY ON TOPIC

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 9:34 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
OK I'll leave it be..I got my point in about easily testing speakers, that's important, and a Peavey thread is active. It will be interesting to find out what the problem is..

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 9:46 pm
.....if he ever comes back. I think we scared him off!

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 7:49 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 10:55 pm
DJL79PRO InfinityMember since 2009
to get the best sound quality take an external sound card .....and try to play Flac ,wave ,aiff file songs

I use avid fast track solo the sound is perfect with vj8

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 6:02 am
I love speakers design , I have built many cabs over the year's exceeding many manufacturers specs.

You have to realise that all speaker designs are a compromise

I once calculated from the thiele small paramters, the best cabinet volume for a mid range McKenzie 15 inch driver , I wanted tune it for optimum bass in a closed cabinet.

I think from memory it was well over 200 litres, totally impractical to have a cabinet the size of a fridge freezer for a 250w speaker, would have sounded sweet!

SPL - maximum sound output -it's not going to get any louder no matter how you drive it
Sensitivity in db , basically how efficiently it's going to turn the supplied electrical energy into sound

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 6:13 am
sureview wrote :
it's not going to get any louder no matter how you drive it

You could always stick a horn in front of it. :-)

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 7:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)