Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Deezer log in screen not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, when I try to log in to Deezer I put in my email & password press log in and nothing happens. The 'Forgotten Password' button and 'Log In with Facebook' buttons don't seem to do anything either?? I have a Deezer Premium account.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 10:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
are you able to login from deezer.com ?

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 3:32 pm
Yes I can login at deezer.com . I also tried Spotify this works fine but would prefer to use Deezer really.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 3:51 pm
karaokian wrote :
Yes I can login at deezer.com . I also tried Spotify this works fine but would prefer to use Deezer really.

Mine works fine, so it doesn't look like it's a general error

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 4:09 pm
I had some issues with this where the Deezer sign-in wouldn't work within VDJ.

I had to recover my VDJ directory from my backup and then it worked again.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 4:16 pm
OK, I've tried reloading my VDJ database and still no joy. I've tried a fresh install of vdj on my main laptop (Windows 7) and my backup laptop (Windows Vista) and can't get the Deezer log in screen to respond at all on either, I can type in my username and password, but when I hit login nothing happens, the other buttons (Log In With Facebook & Forgoten Password) do not respond either. I'm wondering if I'm missing a plugin or update possibly?

Posted Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 12:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you sure you are typing the correct credentials ?

Are you using any Antivirus that could block connection of VirtualDJ with the outside world ?

BTW, I think the login credentials are stored in some cookie and not anywhere inside VirtualDJ, so re-installing VirtualDJ will probably not change anything. Try to clean/delete cookies from your Internet Browser options.

Posted Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 4:22 pm
midubaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have same problem

Posted Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 9:51 pm
I've still not solved this, tried everything I can think of, disabled firewall, updated windows, cleared browser cache and cookies, switched default browser still can't get anything on the login screen to respond. I realise this isn't a general error and may be specific to me. If anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful as I much prefer Deezer over Spotify but can't keep paying for both.

Posted Wed 26 Apr 17 @ 7:07 pm
djdad wrote :

BTW, I think the login credentials are stored in some cookie and not anywhere inside VirtualDJ, so re-installing VirtualDJ will probably not change anything. Try to clean/delete cookies from your Internet Browser options.

I see a <deezerAccessCode> tag in the settings xml with what looks like encrypted credential, so that could be where it's stored

That will however (probably) also survive a re-install

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 6:22 am
karaokian wrote :
I've still not solved this, tried everything I can think of, disabled firewall, updated windows, cleared browser cache and cookies, switched default browser still can't get anything on the login screen to respond. I realise this isn't a general error and may be specific to me. If anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful as I much prefer Deezer over Spotify but can't keep paying for both.

So you get what looks like a dead/blocked pop-up page in VDJ when you try to login?

In that case:
I've had a couple of "not secure enough" blocks, where my default browser wouldn't let me do anything with login pages
I fixed that by adding *.<domain-name>.com to the list of secure/trusted sites in my default browser, and set security level of secure/trusted sites to low

So:
IE is my default browser (for some reason), so for Deezer I inserted *.deezer.com as a trusted site in internet options->security, disabled "Require server certification", and set the security level for trusted sites to low. Then I closed the browser, started VDJ8, and was able to login without any more issues

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 6:37 am
Ok, I've finally sorted this, thank you to klausmogensen for putting me on the right track. The problem was caused as I had a very old edition of Internet Explorer, I didn't think to look at this as I never have used IE, I have used Firefox as my default browser instead. So I've updated IE and now the Deezer log in works perfectly. Just need to cancel my Spotify subscription now. Thank you to everyone for their input.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 1:21 pm
edegardPRO InfinityMember since 2010
doesent work fore me same problem...

Posted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 10:38 am
what i your on a mac safari worked fine or a month now all of a sudden it doesn't work i emailed deezer they informed me that they don't directly support vdi

Posted Sat 12 Jan 19 @ 12:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)